Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Charvel gets real with Grover Legacy Pricing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel gets real with Grover Legacy Pricing?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Charvel-Grover-J...QQcmdZViewItem

Note the "New Manufacturer Pricing" comment in the description.

I wonder if this means that Charvel finally got real with the pricing on these Grover Jackson Legacy limited runs, and allowed dealers to lower the prices? ...Err "more" real, I mean. Still not there, IMHO.

Still way to pricey for what they are.
    They need to knock another $2k off.
    -Rick

Comment

Still overpriced.......
      Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

They knocked off a big chunck of change, but they are still priced more than what they are worth. However, this might be a good sign that J/C is getting their pricing more in line with market and demand. At least I hope so!
        Jackson: DK1
        Charvel: CS (CSB), SD (RGF), SD (Bullseye), SD '83 (HRF)

Comment

Don't hold your breath.... I want to see more before my belief system is restored.

Comment

I think Tommy is just concerned that he has more coming in than going out. I would be too.
            "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
            I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

He's not the only one

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post

Note the "New Manufacturer Pricing" comment in the description.

I wonder if this means that Charvel finally got real with the pricing on these Grover Jackson Legacy limited runs, and allowed dealers to lower the prices? ...Err "more" real, I mean. Still not there, IMHO.
                Charvel getting "Real" with pricing? I'd call $3750 UN-Real

Comment

I saw that. How does it go from 10K to $3750? Still to much money.
                  Just one more guitar!

Comment

I agree it's still too much for what the guitar is, but it's a big step in the right direction. I think MZ is bound by MAP pricing for new stuff even in eBay auctions, so that would mean it really is a legit drop in J/C's price. Not getting my hopes up too high, but I hope this mindset trickles down to the stuff I'm interested in, like being able to get a birdseye neck for less than $600 + an automatic bump to masterbuilt pricing.

Comment

How long do you think those "Bizarro" PC1's will stay there? I think we are close to a year and counting. Between The Zoo and Fukkers I mean Fullers, they were a real stroke of genius.
                      "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
                      I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

Originally posted by scotty View Post
                        I saw that. How does it go from 10K to $3750? Still to much money.
                        $10k was full list price. Since MAP is typically 25% off list price, I'm thinking Charvel may have cut list price from $10k to $5k. And MAP on $5k would be the BIN of $3,750. ...Long story short, Charvel may have cut the price in half.

Comment

Better keep cutting, if they want to get real.
                          Otherwise is dust over those "art" pieces.

Comment

Yeah, FMIC have slashed their pricing, and the stores are now reflecting that....
                            Popular is not the same as good
                            Rare is not the same as valuable
                            Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
                              Yeah, FMIC have slashed their pricing, and the stores are now reflecting that....
                              Aside from the "Legacy" pile of """"".
                              What other FMIC price slashing have you seen?

They just announced SRV's Lenny, last number I heard +/- $14k
                              Brazilian Strats for MAP of $6250 (a real joke BTW)
                              CS Masterbuilts no lower than $5k
                              Charvel CS, oh do we know!
                              Jackson CS, oh do we know!
                              EVH stuff, oh do we know! $25k for Frankie and $2k for a Mexican made amp.
                              Clapton Antigua Strat and amp with a 5 year old drawn sunny for $25k

I don't see it 'ol buddy.

Comment

Working...
                              X