I want a MZ "Natural Series" Strathead 1H OFR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want a MZ "Natural Series" Strathead 1H OFR

I dont know whether is G.A.S or what, but I have to have a "Natural Series" Custom Shop San Dimas Strathead w/OFR from MZ(Music Zoo).I just love the look of them and are exclusive as well.Price is very reasonable.
    So if you have one please post your pix.

Here is what im talking about bow: http://www.themusiczoo.com/charvelguitars.htm#Naturals0

Your thoughts and comments welcome.
    ~Andy
    Henrik Danhage Sig Heavy Relic

Don't sell or trade your Charvel, get an additional one

This is my mahogany Charvel. I really like this guitar, except for the missing neck pickup. I consider getting a neck pickup installed.

Comment

I like mine, I have TMZ 008. The first 12 are supposed to be from a special lot of 100 year old mahogany they had. I put a Tonezone in mine, sounds pretty good and plays well.
      Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

wow man i love them even more with the single
          Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
          Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

Originally posted by jcm800x View Post
            I like mine, I have TMZ 008. The first 12 are supposed to be from a special lot of 100 year old mahogany they had. I put a Tonezone in mine, sounds pretty good and plays well.
            That used to be mine, a very fine guitar indeed. After this one, I have owned 3 others from the 2nd and 3rd batch, and I can confirm that the quality of the mahogany in the 1st run of 10 was definitely much higher.

Comment

I really want to like these, but I just don't dig the natural "butcher block" look. Maybe I associate that look too much with old-style B.C Richs or something, not sure.

Don't get me wrong - I'm sure they're great players and very toneful. And props to the MZ for going out on a (big) limb with these runs, and making them pretty affordable. But, if I had one, I'd probably add a neck PU and paint her up.

Comment

DAMN you guys ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG Those are very very beautiful to say the least.Thanx so much guys for posting the pix and getting me even more excited.I love those.I was leaning towards the mahogany one's.
                I do like the swamp ash bodied ones,but non have GOLD HDWR.(it would be like getting a Mary Kaye Charvel) like my 56 CS Mary Kaye.
                As far as the neck profile on the Stratheads,is it the same or similar to the pointy's like my current one?
                I live in UpState,NY so im trying to plan a trip to TMZ to check them out and play them,check the grains etc. I mapped it to app 160miles.

ps: Hey Jo' maybe ill just keep my BC Charvie and just get an additional one as suggested.I dont ever use my CC to purchase stuff,so was thinking of selling it thats why.

Comment

Pat I understand where you are coming from as an old schooler. I have to admit though when i picked this one up and strummed her before she was plugged in how open the tone was. It may be plain but it is by far one of my nicest sounding guitars ...

oh and yes, the stacked single in the neck kicks ass
                  Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Pat: The Flat Black ones are Mahogany bodies.( no need to throw some paint on one )I like the KOA ones as well,the grain is killer on them.4 things I love about them are they are Natural,Maple FB,OFR and Stratheads.
                    Just the opposite of what I have now,maybe thats why Im GASSING for one.

Comment

Yeah, those are Cool Rails in the neck, aren't they Kev? I've got that in the neck of one of my stratheads. It's a real nice PU, kind of a cross between a traditional-sounding SC and a full-sized humbucker. I like it a lot, too.

And, yeah, there's a lot to be said for the open voice of an unfinished body.

Comment

I have this one

ADMIN EDIT:

Please refer to the forum rules.

Do not post any for sale ads outside of the Classified section. And, also, do not post your own auctions.

Comment

Sorry about that. That was the only pictures I had at the time. I wasn't pushing my auction as it is over. It won't happen again. Hey ADR, give me your email and I will send you pics.

Comment

Here's my natural. I know it's not a True Charvel, but it is built to exact specs and as far as I am concerned, the wood is much nicer. Flamed mohagany and birdseye galore! I absolutely love this guitar!

Last edited by dsg0208; 10-08-2007, 04:58 PM.

Comment

Shut me down!!!!!

Scott: That is nothing short of AWESOME.Man, that neck figuring is sa-weet and the bodies grain is killer.Much much nicer than the ones Charvel produces I might add.

ps:"more grain then a box of wheaties"

Comment

Working...
                              X