Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a REAL charvel USA?

Hello!

Thsi is my first thread. My name is Juanma, and I own a Jackson SL-1, and now I'm wondering about buying a second hand Charvel USA. A guy from my area offers me a "charvel usa" fusion from 1989, with serial number #335029. I was surfing the net, but couldn't find info about this serial. I think is japanese but don't know for sure. Can anyone help?

Pics:

Thanks!

Not a USA...
    Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

Its an import... nice but dont pay more than about $350 for it imo

Comment

Yep. Jap import. Year seems right though. They moved charvel production oversees in '86. With the expection of a one of here, a limited run or two, and a few production models from the mid 90s called the San Dimas series (which are not very san dimas like IMHO), there were no USA charvels between mid '86 and some time in 2003-04 after fender bought Jackson from AMIC.
        "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Hi Xykhron,
          Welcome to the board.
          Yes this is a 90's era Charvel Japanese made import.
          I would only pay about $200.00-250.00 for it as you can get them in the pawn shops for that.

Comment

Looks like a Charvel Fusion Custom from 1990-91. Made In Japan. Fusions are short-scale (Gibson scale, 24-3/4") unlike most other Charvels and Jacksons that are Fender scale (25-1/2")

http://audiozone.dk/CatalogScans/JC1...ges/Page22.htm

That headstock logo looks strange though......Possibly repainted and re-logoed?

Comment

The logo looks okay. maybe it's the way the light is hitting the headstock during the picture.
              Guitars:
              Charvel: USA Pro Mod Slime Green
              1988 Model 2,
              Jackson: Dinky HSS 'Blue/Orange Flame'
              RR3
              Gibson: 1978 Les Paul Spl Dbl Cut
              1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
              2005 SG Special

Comment

welcome to the board.

Comment

Working...