Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EVH Art Series

Hello,

I played one of the Frankenstein replica's yesterday in North Dallas. I thought the guitar was cool, but not worth the 25K they are asking for it.

Anyone do any comparisons of the Art series vs. the Frankenstein Replica's?

Wondering if anyone has the Red, White Charvel EVH art series guitar and can comment on the playability, quality, tone, etc.?

I heard a possible rumor that Fender is going to do a production model Frankenstein guitar? Summer NAMM release..

These guitars are starting to get hard to come by.

Thanks,

Steve

Assuming you mean the "regular" EVH Art Series - not the hand painted / played live versions...

I've got a RBW. It's a great guitar. Awesome tone, playability, quality. The pickup is probably the best part - it's a monster, and is a very good match to the body wood. The necks are pretty cool too, with the asymmetrical backshape. Maybe not for everyone but, if you've ever played a Wolfgang and liked it, you'll likely enjoy the Charvels, too.

I haven't played a Frankie, so no comparison to speak of. I'd guess they're very different animals.

Comment

Do they run a credit check or make you throw down a deposit to try out a Frankie?
      Jackson KV2
      Jackson KE1T
      Jackson KE1F
      Jackson SL1

Comment

Why??? What are you gong to do... scratch it! :ROTF:
        -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
          Why??? What are you gong to do... scratch it! :ROTF:

BTW, I was looking at necks on Warmoth's site last night cuz I'm thinking about building another guitar and I noticed they had asymmetrical listed as an option. What exactly is that in terms of the neck shape? My experience with different necks is limited as you can tell.
          Last edited by mhalsey; 06-20-2007, 01:11 PM.
          My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

Ha ha, good point. But if you want only authentic dings and scratches......
            Jackson KV2
            Jackson KE1T
            Jackson KE1F
            Jackson SL1

Comment

Originally posted by Larz View Post
              Ha ha, good point. But if you want only authentic dings and scratches......
              Like anyone could tell the difference.
              I doubt Ed could even tell.
              -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by mhalsey View Post
                BTW, I was looking at necks on Warmoth's site last night cuz I'm thinking about building another guitar and I noticed they had asymmetrical listed as an option. What exactly is that in terms of the neck shape? My experience with different necks is limited as you can tell.
                It means one side of the neck is a different thickness and/or shape than the other side. In the case of the EVHs and Wolfgangs, the "low E" side is thicker than the "high E" side. Warmoth give some basic diagrams here:

http://www.warmoth.com/guitar/necks/...=back_profiles

Comment

Working...
                X