Thoughts on this mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on this mod

Added pickguard and OFR and still kept cost under $900.00.Great player.Thinking about a white pearloid pickguard instead.What do ya think?

got a "before" pic?
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Looks good, but why would you add a pickguard to a guitar that didn't originally have one?
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
        Looks good, but why would you add a pickguard to a guitar that didn't originally have one?
        Not sure but maybe to make it look like Jake E. Lee's Charvel. But it looks good this way too . imho.

Comment

A white/pearloid pickguard would be too close to the body color to justify the mod.Carving out the top of a USA Charvel to even add an ugly chunk of plastic is senseless to me (especially when Charvel necks will fit on most Fender bodies which come pre-ruined that way), even if it is to get a Jake vibe (which the pointyhead negates anyway).But then I thought everyone knew by now his White "Charvel" was actually a Fender Strat with a refinned head and fake logo, so what do I know?
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Me likey. Looks classy.
            I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

As long as you like it, who cares?

Comment

I like it - there's loads of 'normal' SD pointies around, so this mod makes the guitar stand out. I'd have probably tried to come up with some double-sided tape dealy to attach it so it was reversible though....
                Popular is not the same as good
                Rare is not the same as valuable
                Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

neilli : Yeah, but what about the 5 way blade switch? Had to of routed that out under the PG? and also now has a middle Pup ( I believe it was a H-S before,I saw it on feebay. . it has the defect on the HS under the Charvel like mine)
                  All in all. . looks nice,but to do that to a almost perfect SD just baffles me. Well its def a customized FWIW.
                  Henrik Danhage Sig Heavy Relic

Comment

That frikkin' rocks!! Don't let anyone tell you otherwise!
                    My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

Originally posted by ADR View Post
                      neilli : Yeah, but what about the 5 way blade switch? Had to of routed that out under the PG? and also now has a middle Pup
                      I didn't realise that, I just figured it was an original h/s/s guitar. Whatever, there's enough production SD series guitars around (that no one cared about enough to buy) for one modified version not to be the end of the world....
                      Popular is not the same as good
                      Rare is not the same as valuable
                      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Is it me or is that middle single rather far back? Almost too close to the humbucker?

Is there a reason for that?
                        I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Looks right to me for a 22 fret neck. Maybe you're just used to seeing the tighter spacing on 24 fret'rs?

Comment

Shreddermon,
                            That could be it...
                            I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Also, you can't see the routing on the bottom of the neck pup nor the top of the middle pup. Makes it hard to judge the distance.
                              My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

Working...
                              X