Charvel snakeskin closeout price

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel snakeskin closeout price

I was just in San Antonio for a week on business....shopped around at 3 big guitar stores (GC, Sam Ash, House of Guitars) and noticed a good deal. The GC on San Pedro ave. has the snakeskin model Charvel on closeout for $1500. If I remember correctly, these were close to $2200 a year ago, right?
    E = Fb

What are the specs on the guitar?
    Fingerboard?
    Pickup config?
    Bridge?

Comment

Assuming it hasn't been abused like a shop-floor-whore, $1,500 is a reasonable price. But GC was smoking dope pricing it new at $2,200. That was probably MAP, maybe even higher.

Comment

Edit: For that price, I'm assuming it's one of the (many) pointyhead copperhead snakes with 2 hums and a rosewood board.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
          Edit: For that price, I'm assuming it's one of the (many) pointyhead copperhead snakes with 2 hums and a rosewood board.
          Yes, it was the copperhead, double hum, pointy model.

...and I don't think it was abused. You actually need a ladder to get to it so it probably discouraged a lot of "would be's" and "tire kickers" from playing it. Aside from a few smudge marks made by the employees from hanging it up it looked super clean.

http://www.charvel.com/models/custom/copper_snake.php
          E = Fb

Comment

Theres a couple of USA charvels on Closeout at the Boston GC if anyones interested

Comment

I have always wanted one of those!
              Just one more guitar!

Comment

Originally posted by Axe Chemist View Post
                Yes, it was the copperhead, double hum, pointy model.

...and I don't think it was abused. You actually need a ladder to get to it so it probably discouraged a lot of "would be's" and "tire kickers" from playing it. Aside from a few smudge marks made by the employees from hanging it up it looked super clean.

the one in your link has the ebony fingerboard.

I've seen a few of those copperheads around, played one at GC Las Vegas a while back. laughed at the $1900 price they had on it then, it was getting no action.

but for $1500 or less I'd love one of those.

randomly, Sam Ash in Torrance had a Jackson Kevin Bond RR for like $1185. aren't those US made?
                the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

I live here in S.A. and the GC and the Sam Ash across the highway each have one that's been marked way down. And yea, you have to actually get an employee to pull it down if you want to see them so they haven't been majorly abused.

I planned on running by both stoes tomorrow so I'll get the actual price off the tag. I also know a few people that work in each place so I might be able to get a cheaper price if anyone interested.
                  My Toys:
                  '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Flame Top
                  '94 Dinky Rev. Cherry Burst Flame Top
                  '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Quilt Top
                  '94 Dinky HX in Black
                  '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

Originally posted by skorb View Post
                    randomly, Sam Ash in Torrance had a Jackson Kevin Bond RR for like $1185. aren't those US made?
                    Naw, they're Japanese.

Comment

Originally posted by ken View Post
                      Naw, they're Japanese.
                      ah.

thanks for the info, I had no idea...
                      the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

You're welcome!

Kevin had a USA CS Jackson that looked similar, which is in the 2003 catalogue:

http://www.audiozone.dk/CatalogScans...003Page00a.htm

http://www.audiozone.dk/CatalogScans...2003Page03.htm

I guess they based his Pro series Japanese sig. on it. Alhough they didn't copy the big pentagram on the body (with the leaf in the middle) and it appears the inlays are not really inlayed either. At least they kept it neck-thru with an ebony board, I suppose.

Love the snakeskin, by the way. And sorry for hijacking the thread!

Ken

Comment

I went and looked toady. The one at Sam Ash is gone. The one at GC is $1599.
                          My Toys:
                          '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Flame Top
                          '94 Dinky Rev. Cherry Burst Flame Top
                          '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Quilt Top
                          '94 Dinky HX in Black
                          '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

A friend told me that the local GC has a copperhead Charvel pointy on clearance also. It's been in the store for about a year with a price tag of $2,295 and it's now on sale for $1,350 (iirc). That was a couple weeks so I'm not sure if it's stil around but I've got pics of it and the phone number if anyone is interested.

Comment

GC handling practices

[quote=Axe Chemist;867811]Yes, it was the copperhead, double hum, pointy model.

What kills me about GC is the Acoustic room. Beautiful Taylors, and
                              Martins, priced from $2800.00 to $5500.00 are handled everyday by
                              17 yr olds! This would either have me asking for a huge discount, or
                              skipping buying one from them in the first place. If its a used instrument,
                              then price it that way. :-((

Comment

Working...
                              X