New Charvel Standard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Charvel Standard

First, Im not sure if this is an import, if so, sorry for posting here. I had NO idea that these existed until I happened to check the site last night. I thought the new Charvel biz was all Eddie replicas and such.
    The standard has the pointed stock and body that I LOVE! How long have these been out?
    How different is the neck then an old model 4? I see the fretboard is compound radius. I love my 4 and would love to get more and the standard is awesome with the single bucker.
    Where can these be purchased ?

you can contact matt music one of our sponsors. there is also the section called dealer ads that has some recent in stock items.

Comment

They are USA made

www.charvel.com

Comment

Originally posted by slash View Post
        They are USA made

www.charvel.com
        Really?? Cool! However, my Japanese 4 is amazing!!

Comment

www.musiciansfriend.com or www.americanmusical.com
          Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
          www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

The new pointies are just as good if not better than your old model 4 IMHO. Oil finished neck like the old pre-japanese import USA made charvels with seymore duncans and a real floyd. They are great guitars and the neck specs should very close to the model 4 except for the unfinished neck, which to most of us charvel guys IS the thing that really sets a charvel apart from the rest anyway (besides the neck backshape). They have been making these for a few years now again.
            "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Originally posted by RR05xx View Post
              The new pointies are just as good if not better than your old model 4 IMHO. Oil finished neck like the old pre-japanese import USA made charvels with seymore duncans and a real floyd. They are great guitars and the neck specs should very close to the model 4 except for the unfinished neck, which to most of us charvel guys IS the thing that really sets a charvel apart from the rest anyway (besides the neck backshape). They have been making these for a few years now again.
              Ive seen the Journeyman and some of those models and then of course the 25th ann model and the EVHs, but not this one with the pointy..
              I can be happy with the oiled neck, what Im concerned with is the fact that the 4 for me has the absolute perfect shape and fret spacing etc.
              The orig floyd is a plus over the JT6. I hope these arent horrible expensive...I just wish it came in the black cherry they used back then

Comment

MF and AMS only have the EVH's.
                BTW, I played a Journeyman and that series and didnt care for the feel of the neck..

Comment

I love my '05 Standard Star. The Duncan Custom 5 in the bridge had to go (too scooped in the midrange for my liking). Now it's got a DiMarzio Tone Zone. Click the link in my signature.

The Standard series is awesome, because you have your choice of maple, rosewood or ebony fingerboards, as well as H, H/H, H/S/S or H/S pickup configuration, and choice of either Floyd or Vintage trem.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                  X