No announcement yet.

New San Dimas 1 hum floyd should be $1,000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm. But they have been selling them at that price for about 6 months now. I've been checking. And they never say blemished models. There are even a few posts on JCF noting this from a while back. And it's always the Ferrari red with the V-trem.

Comment

jcmktgguy - is zzounds selling below map?
      I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Tim,
        I bought a 1H vtrem Charvel new online from a dealer in Germany for even lower.. hard to believe, no? (ebay item no 270029818904).

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
          sorry dude, but i've had a number of gibson and fender guitars that were not master built or custom shop or any of that other stuff and they were every bit as well made as any charvel i've owned

i think you guys are kidding yourselves thinking that a jackson/charvel guitar is in some way objectively better. they can certainly be subjectively better - there are many great guitars that i don't like - i get that aspect of it.

so if you think a jackson/charvel has the characteristics that make the guitar worth the price then by all means - go for it. i've done it - in the last couple years i've bought a number of US made jackson/charvel guitars and have one of the limited on order.

but i'm not kidding myself into believing my $2000 EVH is in some way a superior guitar to the $1200 Yngiwe Fender I used to own. I also am not kidding myself into believing that my historic gibson les pauls are superior guitars to the EVH despite costing even more.

btw jacksonfreak, i think you are seriously mistaken if you think a typical production charvel/jackson is on par with a masterbuilt fender. i have never seen a masterbuilt fender that wasn't perfect in every way. almost all of my charvel/jacksons have had flaws of some sort.
          Tim. I was mearly stating the price point comparison and hand built issue as being a closer comparison to the J/C world. I haven't seen bad charvels especaily lately. keep in mind I work at the largest fender dealer in the world and i do see more guitars then the average person on a daily basis. Im not discrediting your expereinces with the Charvels you've encountered so please dont discredit mine. I haven't seen flawed charvels but i have seen many flawed Fenders. Both USA and Mexican series. every bodies experiance with guitars is differant i was simply stating mine. So :P
          And i wasnt "dinging" the highway one strat i was simply stating fact. Off the Fender website. I like the Highway ones. I'd own one if i could get it with a 12in radius fb instead of the 9.5 board. Fender makes a great instrument but so does J/C and yes the Charvel bodies are CnC cut but are still more hands on then the fender plant is. Friends at work have toured the Fender plant and have attested to this. Speaking purley of the Amer Series fenders not the custom shop stuff here. Fender puts out a better quality more consistant guitar then charvel does but they also produce a shit load more on a daily basis. So they have to be better for the dollar. Charvel is a more hands on guitar and that costs more money and labor which also costs more. Just sayin.
          Gil
          Last edited by JACKSONFREAK; 10-21-2006, 07:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X