no Jake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no Jake?

Just emailed DCGL and they said CHarvel has decided not to make a J. E. Lee. Anybody know why? I was looking forward to this run.

afaik they can't get the artists permission
    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

So was I

Comment

Call me stupid, but I don't know why they couldn't make the guitars and just not call them "Jake's"? Nothing really custom about them that would scream Jake iirc.

Comment

Wow that sucks. I've been looking forward to a Jake E. Lee guitar. I guess I'll just continue to keep my eyes open for a GMW Jake E. Lee.

Comment

Originally posted by MEX3 View Post
            Call me stupid, but I don't know why they couldn't make the guitars and just not call them "Jake's"? Nothing really custom about them that would scream Jake iirc.
            Slanted center and neck pups are a unique Jake thing.
            Everything else is just parts.
            So order the run with a pickguard and a normal pup config.
            Then have a new pickguard made with the slanted pup route.
            Swap it and call it good.
            -Rick

Comment

Shame they can't get Jakes endorsement, that would make a very cool axe.
              On the upside, I heard they recently struck a deal with Porter Wagner! I can't wait.
              My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Originally posted by mm2002 View Post
                Shame they can't get Jakes endorsement, that would make a very cool axe.
                On the upside, I heard they recently struck a deal with Porter Wagner! I can't wait.
                Endorsement means extra cash and a sig, two negatives for me.

Comment

I was really hoping something would happen with these.
                  Damn, I guess I'll have to be happy with the GMWs. It would be nice to have a real Charvel though.

J.

Comment

Ill just have to make another pseudo Jake strat I guess. Here is my current version.

http://www.users.qwest.net/~wj15/cur...tail%20001.jpg

Comment

Doesn't Jake have an ESP endorsement?Or at least used to.The dude needs to record and tour again....
                      Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

If some runs like these are thought off in the future, we may all consider writing the spec based on "a" guitar, of "an" specific color, with "such" features and totally avoid mentioning an artist or its like.
                        In this legally complicated world companies are scared of an artist or individual coming over and asking for their share of the pie.

You like a white strat like Charvel, with a matching headstock, etc. etc. that between us and the lamp post, looks like the one someone used to use at one point.... that is cool. Just don't say who or anyhting related to him or her.
                        Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

This looks like a nice guitar.

http://cgi.ebay.com/San-Dimas-Charve...QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

Bummer, I really wanted the Charvel Blueburst. I guess I'll have to build my own now. I built these 2 last year to my specs:

My JEL Collection:
                            Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

I still love that purple burst finish.
                              -Rick

Comment

Working...
                              X