Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally, it took almost 20 years!

My first Charvel!

I have wanted one FOREVER and for some reason, never seemed to wind-up with one.

This one was bought from Circle of the Tryrants and it is exactly what I remember from the "big 80's"...Silky-smooth neck, wide flat radius, SUPER comfy! After lurking on the board forever and lusting over all of the incredible axes, I can finally "join the club"!

I have owned a lot of guitars, but I think this is the first "true" one-hum guitar i have ever owned...truly a hot-rod!

Just wanted to post this to let anyone who is sitting on the fence know that it is true...the new pointies are awesome!

Thanks for letting me share! You guys rock!

(And now I can rock too, lol )

Dan

Another:

Sexy!!!!! Congrats.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

That looks really sweet.
      www.myspace.com/historyofheavymetal

Comment

You have a cousin to my ferrari red one

True, the maple necks are incredible!! The entire guitar is incredible. Nice lookin' axe. ENJOY

Comment

very cool...congrats. What kind of paint is on the reverse Strat Head in the background?
          www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
          My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

This is my soon to be "former" candy blue single hum floyd. I added the pic just in case you we're pondering a floyd install! It'd look nice!

Comment

Originally posted by gtrbuyer
              very cool...congrats. What kind of paint is on the reverse Strat Head in the background?
              Damn good question...Inquiring minds WANT TO KNOW....
              Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

Thanks for noticing the skull guitar, it is pretty neat. My girlfriend's sister did it on a whim (she had not used an airbrush forever...) She has promised she will do more guitars for folks, but soon after she did this, I showed it-off at work...BIG mistake!!! She was SLAMMED with requests from people to paint deer scenes (ick), pets, anniversary pics, Gas Tanks and whatevers...Way too nice to say "no" and I don't think anyone gives her a dime...It is a shame. But like I said, she swears she will do more guitars...I have the names of a few JCF'ers that will send her a body to practice on for a VERY modest fee...I think she does great work

Link to original thread about that guitar:

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36513
                Dan

Comment

Holy smokes that guitar paint is awesome!!!!

I could see why she'd be swamped! That detail is second to none.

Comment

[/QUOTE]

can we have a close-up of that skulls guitar in the background please?
                    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

This guy's thinkin', "Hmmm, that guitar looks too scratch-free!"

Glad you like the guitar Dan. It's a ripper.

Comment

Dive-wise, how low can be dived floyd with such recess? One tone?

Comment

Some guitars ARE worth the wait! Congrats!!!!
                          "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an ally with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"............ Dirty Harry

Comment

This was mine I ordered it sept 04, and got it march 05, from Bizarre Guitar in Reno.
                            METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

dive bombing with the floyd is normal, goes as far as you like.

c.o.t.t.s former ferrari red has the v trem(not for long!) and that dives to the same level as the floyd.

heh,you like that pic where the cat was looking at the guitar! he's seen quite a few lately.

Comment

Working...
                              X