Lynch/Yellow tiger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lynch/Yellow tiger

Does anyone have a good pic of Lynch's Yellow Tiger they can post? Since it is rumored to have a Charvel Neck i posted it here. Admin feel free to move the thread if you must.

i have played the guitar in question...the esp decal is covering up a sandoval decal...but the neck felt just like my main charvel to a tee...d.m.
    http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

You wouldn't be talking about this one would you?

http://www.georgelynch.com/guitars/tigerstrat.html

Comment

http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

yep, its a Sandoval creation, said to have started with a big maple/maple neck with a different headstock, but it snapped on the way to a studio in Germany, so a different neck was made for it.

Comment

Thank's guy's I am ordering a Custom Charvel and the standard tiger just don't do iy for me. I have an LTD Yellow Tiger that plays and sounds fantastic for what it is. However the time has come to order my Custom Charvel and I believe this will be what I order. I think it has the 1 3/4nut width which I believe is an R4 floyd nut? My LTD has a 1 3/4 nut width but actually has a R3 Floyd nut. This leaves a little extra space between both E strings and the edge of the fingerboard.

Comment

Look at the paint on the inside of the hoen. Very similar to ALZs prepro evh and Lou Ateienzas EVH they both got at Neals. The hard cracking looks like the same paint shop...

The route on the back is unique, anyone have a pic of the back?
              It's not a competition, it's a community

Comment

I always loved that guitar. Currently I'm really jones'n for the green bengal.

Comment

Originally posted by owlhead
                  I always loved that guitar. Currently I'm really jones'n for the green bengal.

Same here, the yellow looks sweet. But the green is uber-sweet

I've wanted a bengal for as long as I can remember, but can't afford one..

Comment

I can't decide between a Maple body or Alder. Since I have a couple of Alder Charvels I may just go with the Maple for that biting Lynch tone. I do believe that most of his guitars during the Dokken day's were Maple. It may be a little on the brite side but I here maple really cuts through!

Comment

The ultimate Bengal. The paint checked on the way to Germany due to the cold temperature in the plane's cargo hold during the flight. It had just been painted before he left and had apparently not fully cured.

Mike
                      Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Maple, is sorta bright but not as much as some think.
                        I prefer maple bodies they have loads of sustain and good sound characteristics. Don't let some mislead you on the whole "maple is too bright" thingy, because its really not as bright like many claim. Good wood I recommend it. Let me say this, if you pair with a screamin demon pickup, yep, its gonna sound bright. If you pair it with a 78/evh model pickup, well thats just sweet, a very good combination. You ear must hear it to appreciate it.
                        Last edited by Soap; 08-04-2006, 11:08 PM.
                        Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

I was thinking of adding a neck single coil. Hope it doesn't spoil the vibe!

Comment

Originally posted by Predator1
                            Thank's guy's I am ordering a Custom Charvel and the standard tiger just don't do iy for me. I have an LTD Yellow Tiger that plays and sounds fantastic for what it is. However the time has come to order my Custom Charvel and I believe this will be what I order. I think it has the 1 3/4nut width which I believe is an R4 floyd nut? My LTD has a 1 3/4 nut width but actually has a R3 Floyd nut. This leaves a little extra space between both E strings and the edge of the fingerboard.

1 3/4" is an R5.

Comment

I stand corrected! Thank's

Comment

Working...
                              X