Someone got one hell of a deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone got one hell of a deal

If it's on it's way to someone here, I hope I'm not spoiling it - but someone got a great deal on this:

http://www.gbase.com/Stores/Gear/Gea...x?Item=1517416

Of course it's gone already - the guy I talked to said "What's the deal? We've gotten about 15 calls on this one?"

So close. Anyway, if it ends up with someone here I hope to hear all about it.

craig

If that is what it is proported to be, then someone just made a whole load of money....
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

...and dates a little bit "pre..." 84 wouldn`t ya say?! Someone scored!!!

Comment

I've emailed all morning about it, and finally got through to Chris by phone. It sold as quickly as it was listed. People need to do more research on what they have before they sell!!

Comment

Damn that was a nice score.
          -Rick

Comment

Awesome score. That thing looks cherry.

Comment

holy **** that is a deal! looks like the red on my '82 which originally had gold hardware.

NICE! enjoy it!

Comment

Originally posted by circle of the tyrants
                I've emailed all morning about it, and finally got through to Chris by phone. It sold as quickly as it was listed. People need to do more research on what they have before they sell!!
                No they don't
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Yeah - great for the buyer but how does the shop not know what they have? Even if they know nothing about Charvel you'd think they would spend a few minutes on Google or Ebay or something.

At least I know there's a few good Charvel deals still out there.

craig

Comment

Agreed, looks like someone got one hell of a deal. I'm just not ever lucky enough to come across these deals.

Comment

yeah, i hear ya danny!

Comment

Originally posted by CMB
                        the guy I talked to said "What's the deal? We've gotten about 15 calls on this one?"
                        Unless they are total idiots, they know now!
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I tried to buy it, too. It went to someone in NY.

Comment

This deal gives me hope again. I am living in Hamburg, Germany. In the early eighties a shop in Hamburg was supposedly the biggest charvel dealer outside the US.

I remember seeing two brand new charvel strat necks there in 81 or so. One like the 25th anniversary model, one purple/black bullseye. Priced at $ 1.500,-- which was a lot of money for a guitar then.

Well sometimes I am daydreaming and see myself buying one of those old ones on a flea market in this area for $ 150,--. "Man, these graphics are really outdated. That´s all cheesy 80´s stuff ... "

Well daydreaming ...

Comment

I wish i were live in USA.
                              In israel its hard to find charvel

Comment

Working...
                              X