Surfcaster doubleneck????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surfcaster doubleneck????

I stumbled across and purchased a Charvel Surfacaster double neck 6/12 for a very attractive price. It did not have a case. I have never seen a reference to anything like this. For what it is worth, it is black with the mother of toilet seat pickguard. It looks to be mint. It weighs a ton.

Does anyone know any details about such a guitar? Does anyone know where I could get a case?

Thanks

Pics first, ask questions later
    Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

Originally posted by QuantumRider
      Pics first, ask questions later
      + infinity!
      Scott
      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

They made a few of those...maybe a half dozen. I've seen pics of a cherrybusrt (owned by one of the forum members) and a green sparkle that was on ebay a while back. More than likely, you will have to have a case made for it.

Comment

I only have seen a few of those doublenecks to date so I do not think they made many.

How does she play, other than the weight..is she neck heavy? I always liked the look of those guitars especially the single necks like Scott Ian played.

Congrats
          www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
          My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

It plays pretty well. It is a heavy beast. I will take some photos this weekend and post them.

I really would like to find a case. I don't know if I said it before, but I found this thing for like $350. Someone had put an AMG pickup in the twelve string position. I had that taken out, an original pair of lipsticks put back and a new pick guard cut to cover the butchering for the AMG. You can't tell it was modified.

Comment

Oops - missed the thing about having a case made for it. Right now, she hangs on the wall with a double set of string-swings that i measured carefully to make sure she hangs perfectly perpendicular to the floor.

Comment

Oh
                the lipsticks sound really good on a 12.

Comment

Damn, $350? That is a steal of a price. I have had a few of the 6 string versions, the last being a surf green one I sold for $800.
                  Now, get after them pics dude!

Comment

Sorry to threadjack, but do the 6 strings always sell for more than the 12s?

I watched one of each last week on EBAY and the 6 was nearly double the price of the 12......

That being said Kilgore ..... we need ..... PICS!!!

Charvel: Model1, 2 & 5, Surfcaster 12
                    Jackson: DK2, JRS-2, Kelly

Comment

The 12's usually do sell for less. That's why if you wanted one, you could get a 12...remove 6 tuners, string it up with 6 strings and go for it.

Comment

I can't figure out how to load a picture. I don't have it on a url. I have it on my hard disk. Excuse me for being dumb, but I cant figure this out.

Comment

Upload your pics onto a pic hosting site. I use www.photobucket.com, which is free

Then, insert [IMG] URL of your photo [/IMG] into the text of your post, without the spaces between the brackets and the URL of your photo.

Hope this helps!
                          QR
                          Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

ALL NEWBIES READ ALL STICKIES

Photo FAQ thread:

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29708
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

careful Ron.. you're gonna scare all the fish away...even if trout can spell.

Comment

Working...
                              X