No announcement yet.

charvel from fort worth tx???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok...i told him what i learned from this thread..he says he talked to a guy who claimed to be the original guitarist for great white in a music store in california and this person told him charvels were made in fort worth tx for 1 year and those guitars are sought after by collectors....was someone pulling his leg?

Comment

they are mistaken, shall we say.
      METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

Originally posted by shmedly
        was someone pulling his leg?
        Yes...big time.
        Scott
        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

The old "friend of a friend"
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I was thinking the same thing Ron :ROTF:
            Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

Originally posted by shmedly
              ok...i told him what i learned from this thread..he says he talked to a guy who claimed to be the original guitarist for great white in a music store in california and this person told him charvels were made in fort worth tx for 1 year and those guitars are sought after by collectors....was someone pulling his leg?
              Of course said failed musician has no name, right?

He was lucky to walk out of there with his leg still attached

Comment

Originally posted by Zerberus
                Of course said failed musician has no name, right?
                If he really is Great White's original guitarrist, his name is no secret

Comment

Exactly, bus. It becomes a matter of it being worthy of mentioning.
                  How do you think we fund this organization? We're not exactly the March of Dimes.

Comment

Mark Kendall was the original GW axeman...still is, I believe.
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

No guitars were ever manufactured in Ft Worth or San Dimas. Think about it, how could you set up a manufacturing plant in a post office box??? It just wouldn't fit.
                      My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Originally posted by mm2002
                        No guitars were ever manufactured in Ft Worth or San Dimas. Think about it, how could you set up a manufacturing plant in a post office box??? It just wouldn't fit.
                        -Rick

Comment

International music corp....Imc...offices....fort.Worth texas...no factory there. We assembled tons of u.s.a Ontario ca. Made charvels. With ft.worth neck plates. I worked at Ontario plant from 1986-1989-90. Roger makestad final assy. Neck dress.you have seen my name on many hang tags. We also built every one of the blue Jean limited 88 guitars in Ontario ca. And put San Dimas neck plates on them. Why you ask? Because somethings are laid to planning long before they happen. I worked very closely with grover during my time there, Mike shannon, some of the best times of my life. Any way I can answer any questions on that subject without guessing....I was there. I love the passion and speculation you all have on some of the mysterys....but most are not correct. I know...I was there. Thank you.. Roger maakestad. Former jackson/Charvels employee. 4452 airport dr. Ontario ca. "86"-"89".

Comment

Welcome Roger
                            Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

[QUOTE=We assembled tons of u.s.a Ontario ca. Made charvels. With ft.worth neck plates. [/QUOTE]

These would be custom ordered guitars with special specs? Or are you saying that one of my model series guitars could be a usa charvel if it doesnt have a made in japan sticker on it? Ive never heard of this before. How did you even have fort worth plates at your disposal?Werent they made in japan for the japanese plant? I understand using up leftover san dimas plates on Ontario guitars. It just seems odd that if you made "tons" of ft worth plated usa charvels that nobody has ever heard of this before.

Comment

Working...
                              X