Repl. tuners for my 82 Strat-Head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repl. tuners for my 82 Strat-Head

I'm changing the hardware to black. Anyone know where I can find exact replacement tuners but in black? Thanks...

Check Stew Macs site, they have all kinds of tuners and detailed dimensioned drawings to make sure it is the tuner you need or can fit.
    Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe_Steeler
      Check Stew Macs site, they have all kinds of tuners and detailed dimensioned drawings to make sure it is the tuner you need or can fit.
      Thanks, tried there but they don't have the correct mtg. position for the screw. I've looked everywhere but can't find the right one's. Anyone?

Comment

i have a set of black Grovers that will fit if you had any intrest in them. typical 6 in line grovers with the bean shaped buttons. i however don't have the screws for them but your stock ones will work fine. PM me if you have any intrest.

also schaller does or did make tuners with the same screw location i'm just no sure where to get them aside from ebay, i managed to score 2 sets 1 chrome 1 black on ebay (both in use on my guitars, sorry) so if my Grovers won't work for you check ebay for schallers since they are out there just a bit harder to find than the regular 45 degree screw tabs.

-Mike
        www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

are those gold? if so I will trade you for a set in black
          It's not a competition, it's a community

Comment

It's not a competition, it's a community

Comment

Originally posted by 83SanDimas
              Appreciate it, but I'm going to keep the originals. Really just looking for a black repl. repro set.

Comment

I have heard that there is a jap. co. which is making (or had made) newer repros of the crown heads, but that they suck quality wise. The name escapes me, and I am not sure where this info came from, probably one of the charvel boards that have a little more traffic from poeple who are more into the old ones.

I am pretty sure that schaller made a tuner at one time that will probably fit without having to mess with new holes (which I would not do). Check the bay (time consuming, but could be rewarding).
                "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Working...
                X