No announcement yet.

Rosewood fretboards on new stratheads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rosewood fretboards on new stratheads?

Might be a stupid question....but where are all the rosewood fretboards on new stratheads...all I see out there are maple boards?

'cause we like MAPLE . You have a good question though.

Comment

Originally posted by P.O. Box 245
      Might be a stupid question....but where are all the rosewood fretboards on new stratheads...all I see out there are maple boards?
      In the hands of owners whose guitars you haven´t seen yet.

Trust me, we´ll see enough of those in the future, right now Maple Stratheads seem to be the rage...

Comment

I've got one coming

Comment

I think fender may have gotten the message cuz a rosewood boarded kalhered guitar will not sell, but take the same guitar and add a maple board and it sells. I think that the old floyd of rosewood was due in part to music stores ordering in bunk and being cheap. Most people want maple or ebony if they get to choose.
          "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Its just that we have not seen many Charvel Stratheads. Period.
            They just started taking orders and the ones we've seen are either NAMM pieces or special orders to strategic dealers to get the ball going.

Eventually we will see a few. It is just a matter of preference, and there are some people that swear on the warmthness of RW.
            Given the choice, I'll take maple but I can see why some might opt for RW sometimes.
            Give it time young Jedi.
            Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

I've been thinking about ordering a strathead. Mine will probably be rosewood, though I might go for ebony. I played a maple-board Fender for years and I think I'm permanently tired of it.

Comment

i like all 3 of them, rosewood-maple-ebony. I think the majority is maple because of the old school look of it. Jack.

Comment

I've always leaned towards Ebony and Rosewood first.. it wasn't until my Bullseye that I found a maple neck that I really liked
                  Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Originally posted by RR05xx
                    I think fender may have gotten the message cuz a rosewood boarded kalhered guitar will not sell
                    That's because it's got a Kahler! :ROTF:

I actually prefer rosewood and maple over ebony, but they're all cool.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Nah. A maple boarded old pointy with a kalher sells quick. Its a combo thing. Same guitar with rosewood better have a graphic or u can hardly give it away. Car guitar found that out the hard way.

Comment

6048 has a Brazilian rosewood board.

For the future, I would like to go with Brazilian rosewood again.

Toby

Comment

I have a candy apple strathead run in the works and some of them will have pau ferro boards.
                          Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Not saying that they arent going to get ordered, just that maple/ebony is more popular to the masses with everything else being equal. Just basing this on my own experirnce in offering things for sale as well as watching other people try to sell things. Seems to me there are a lot of tire kickers, but in terms of actually putting up the money . .. . .....

Comment

I hope the Rosewood's are coming. I love the Maple necks with birdseye or flame. Seems Charvel/Jackson is mostly 1/4 sawn Maple unless your order a Custom. I like Ebony as well. But for me tone wise, Rosewood gets the vote.
                              Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Working...
                              X