NY City Guitar show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NY City Guitar show

Just wanted to let all the JCF Members in the NY/NJ/CT(me) and surrounding areas that The NY City Guitar Show for Summer 2006 is at St.Michaels Auditorium on #424 west 34th street in Manhattan(between 9th and 10th avenues) on June 24th Saturday and June 25th Sunday.This is the first guitar show in 5 years and we have dealers from as far as Texas coming.250 tables FULL of Guitars and an amp room to Blast away in.They will be selling,buying,trading and gawking at Guitars all week-end.Open to all the General Public and JCF Members are invited FREE(its $8.00 admission at the door-and $7.00 with a Guitar0.
    Hope you guys who are near will come

i might try to make there.

Comment

I have a strange feeling about this....

More later

Comment

Very cool. I remember the Guitar Show down on 12th st in the Church basement way back when. It would be great to see some nice Charvel/Jacksons. From what I remember a lot of these shows were vintage Fender & Gibsons.

Comment

Originally posted by Plexed
          Very cool. I remember the Guitar Show down on 12th st in the Church basement way back when. It would be great to see some nice Charvel/Jacksons. From what I remember a lot of these shows were vintage Fender & Gibsons.
          Yes the guitar show used to be at the St.Marys Help of Christians school on east 11th street between avenues A and 1st ave.There was always an eclectic mix of guitars to choose from-from the dyed in the wool vintage only crowd with Fender/Gibson/Gretsch etc...to the pointy metalhead Guitars that we love and the amp room in the rear was always *Blazing*!!!
          This show is in a Newer Auditorium with a fantastic large/clean spacious hardwood floor and a Gigantic stage where the higher paying dealers with several tables will be and room for amps too
          Ritchies Guitar shop in NY city is hosting/organizing the event(212)253-7643.ALL the door money goes to St.Michaels school as well as the concession proceeds from food beverages etc.
          NY is DYING to host a guitar show again.
          I hope everyone comes and enjoys themselves.

Comment

look for me outside with my guitar case open playing for dough-lol
            Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Is there a website that I can get more info from? I can't seem to find anything about it.
              Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Not sure, but I might be in canada that weekend seeing Formula 1!(HUGE Ferrari fan!) Thanks a lot for the heads up.

Comment

Hmmm - may be going ! My wallet just flinched..

Comment

Originally posted by FirebirdZ
                    I have a strange feeling about this....

More later.
                    You're not alone .

Comment

Will JCFers still get in free?
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Oh that was always a great show! Why did it fall apart? WE need to have a REAL show every year. There are so many great guitars floating around NYC.

Comment

Working...
                        X