Old Charvel-Jackson Web sites?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Charvel-Jackson Web sites?

I was just wondering if anyone knew what became of and why these sites "disappeared" from the web....

www.sandimascharvel.com
    www.charveljacksonclassics.com
    www.charveljacksonworld.com

What happened to them?
    Why were they taken off the web.
    Does anyone know ?

sandimascharvel was taken down by the owner.

Comment

Hmmm .. I can't rememeber the domain name for Ralphs site offhand but he was one of the sites bak then and he is an admin here now..
      Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Here's my reply to your other identical thread:

People move on with their lives and the sites come & go. JacksonCharvelWorld has been moved here:

http://jacksoncharvelworld.net/Home.html

Comment

I was amazed at the time, effort, attention to detail and clearity found in these sites and often wonder why they were'nt published in book form? Certainly - with all the continued interest in these old guitars, Fender, in their never ending quest for profits, would have, in my opinion, welcomed the use of all their "research" and offered them a "royalty" for the publishing rights!?

I know that people "move on with their lives" - However, these sites contibuted to the history, "myth" and fame of these great guitars. I was wondering if they (the site creators) were "told" to take them down by the manufacturers or - what was the specific reason for removing the sites - as there was much valuable info to be learned and shared?
          Last edited by scaristei; 04-06-2006, 12:32 PM.

Comment

what does fender have to do with it?
            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
            Sully Guitars on Facebook
            Sully Guitars on Google+
            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I have websites Fender and Jackson based. Many Fender employees have been on them (they email me sometimes). I have never, ever had a request by anyone from FMIC ask me to take anything down. For me, I do not put things in a book format because it is a hassle for what you get back out of them and I prefer to share the info for free as it was given to me for free. The guys I know that write books tend to do it to gain some sort of status having something "published". Anyone can log onto the internet at home, the office, a library and see my and many other websites that give them just as good if not better info. Remember, just because something is published doesn't add any more credibility.

Comment

Dear Sully, - Fender owns Jackson !

And
                Dear Jim, great site - great information ! ! !
                I agree with you that "published does not add more credibility" to anything. (I know because I am in the business of smoke - mirriors and "make believe" ) - But I would love to have this info in "book form" so that I could access it without having to log on....Unlike most younger people (I can't believe that I just wrote that) - I have a natural "distrust" of computers and their reliability for functioning in the future. You do know that - many hundreds of years ago, there was a society just like ours....they had computers and paperless offices and everything just like we have today....But something happened that "zapped" and melted everything electrical and plastic - Thank God someone remembered "the Wheel" ! - - Get it !

Recently, because of our "computer age", two major record companies have lost contracts, master recordings and deleated royalty accounts on one of my clients. Because of this - my client has lost tens of thousands of dollars and years of creative work. The terrifying thing is - that no one knows how many others they have done this to as well ! ! !

Had someone maintained a "paper file", none of this would have happened !
                Peace !
                Last edited by scaristei; 04-07-2006, 02:22 PM.

Comment

I think Sully's question is based on the fact that Fender was not in the picture when most of those sites closed.

Comment

Why can't our source be as good as this? http://www.vintagekramer.com/
                    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

I know next to nothing about Kramers, but weren't they mostly production guitars with set specs? San Dimas era Jacksons and Charvels were custom guitars with no set specs, and when you get into the prepro Charvels things get really hazy. IMO, websites are the perfect format for compiling info on them because new info always seems to crop up. Any book claiming to be the last word probably wouldn't hold up for long.

Comment

Whoa!

Originally posted by scaristei
                        Dear Sully, - Fender owns Jackson !

And
                        Dear Jim, great site - great information ! ! !
                        I agree with you that "published does not add more credibility" to anything. (I know because I am in the business of smoke - mirriors and "make believe" ) - But I would love to have this info in "book form" so that I could access it without having to log on....Unlike most younger people (I can't believe that I just wrote that) - I have a natural "distrust" of computers and their reliability for functioning in the future. You do know that - many hundreds of years ago, there was a society just like ours....they had computers and paperless offices and everything just like we have today....But something happened that "zapped" and melted everything electrical and plastic - Thank God someone remembered "the Wheel" ! - - Get it !

Recently, because of our "computer age", two major record companies have lost contracts, master recordings and deleated royalty accounts on one of my clients. Because of this - my client has lost tens of thousands of dollars and years of creative work. The terrifying thing is - that no one knows how many others they have done this to as well ! ! !

Had someone maintained a "paper file", none of this would have happened !
                        Peace !
                        I think it would be great if you could "share" some of that stuff you've been smoking/taking! Oooofa
                        Kahler...Killing guitar values DEAD since 1981.

Comment

You do know that - many hundreds of years ago, there was a society just like ours....they had computers and paperless offices and everything just like we have today....But something happened that "zapped" and melted everything electrical and plastic - Thank God someone remembered "the Wheel" ! - - Get it !

Do the doctors know your missing?
                          Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

lol..too funny...
                            www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
                            My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

Ouch! As usual the great intellects appear to have missed the point!
                              But always with a sence of humor ! ! !
                              Hope that none of you ever have to chase WarnerBros or EMI for your rent or mortgage payment ! When you do, you will learn first hand what I am talking about !

Comment

Working...
                              X