No announcement yet.

Could this be a Charvel/boogie/Or what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could this be a Charvel/boogie/Or what?

I picked up an interesting beater today. A strathead in sparkly cream flipflop with matching headstock. On the head stock it says Hunt Custom. It has a 21 fret rosewood board slab with a number stamped into the board just below the 21st fret. It looks like 2500. Anyone know who did this? It does not have a skunk stripe. The guitar itself is cut for three singles and has all brass hardware. It is a hardtail with ferrules but it has a kahler on top now. It also has a brasss pickguard with San Dimas style brass knobs and three three way switches and 3 singles. It is labeled underneath as Schecter. The singles have thick poles (monstertones??) and the 3 way switches in the middle are off and 1 way are "normal" and the other way seem to be slightly boosted.
    I doubt this guard is stock. The strat input jack is brass and the neckplate is brass.

Anyone know anything about Hunt custom or who stamped the necks like this? There is no other markings at the base of the neck. The truss rod is adjustable at the bottom with a "+"type head.

Thanks

How about a pic?
    "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

i cant post pics but if the description doesnt help, i donnt think a pic will. Im really trying to identify the neck with the number on the board

Comment

Originally posted by vampirelabs
        if the description doesnt help, i donnt think a pic will.

Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

Pics would help tremendously. But strathead + no skunkstripe = not Charvel. And only Jackson neck-throughs have fretboards stamped with serial numbers, so that doesn't agree either.

Comment

I picked up an interesting beater today. A strathead in sparkly cream flipflop with matching headstock. On the head stock it says Hunt Custom. It has a 21 fret rosewood board slab with a number stamped into the board just below the 21st fret. It looks like 2500. Anyone know who did this? It does not have a skunk stripe.
            Definitely not a Charvel neck

The guitar itself is cut for three singles and has all brass hardware. It is a hardtail with ferrules but it has a kahler on top now. It also has a brasss pickguard with San Dimas style brass knobs and three three way switches and 3 singles. It is labeled underneath as Schecter. The singles have thick poles (monstertones??) and the 3 way switches in the middle are off and 1 way are "normal" and the other way seem to be slightly boosted.
            I doubt this guard is stock. The strat input jack is brass and the neckplate is brass.

Anyone know anything about Hunt custom or who stamped the necks like this? There is no other markings at the base of the neck. The truss rod is adjustable at the bottom with a "+"type head.

Thanks
            Pics of the body will help to narrow down it´s origins. Never heard of Hunt Customs, only Hunt´s Ketchup

i cant post pics but if the description doesnt help, i donnt think a pic will. Im really trying to identify the neck with the number on the board
            Do you also think that appraisals fo instruments are done "on hand only" just because the guy wants to play them?

There are visual details which can instantly classify a part as CHarvel or not... many of these details are something that many here have spent YEARS studying and finding out about, because there are also quite a few forgeries and parts mutts out there.

If you want exact ID, post a pic, becasue otherwise it´s just hearsay
            Last edited by Zerberus; 04-01-2006, 04:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X