Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lynn Ellsworth / Boogie Body Guitars

Hi guys. Newbie question...

I noticed Wayne Charvel sells bodies now. Anybody been able to convince him to sell a neck? I need to get hold of three top-notch replacement necks.

If not, I remember Lynn Ellsworth and his Boogie Body guitar parts used to be a big deal way back when. However, it appears as though Sound Instruments is the only reseller now and I know nothing about that outfit. Is the quality still what it used to be?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Lynn Ellsworth / Boogie Body Guitars

Maybe ask in Guitars by other Manufacturers???

Comment

I know of a dealer that had some Ellsworth necks made but they ain't cheap. They are hand signed and dated by him.
      They are supposedly from old stock he had laying about.. these people at Solidbodyguitar.com convinced him to do a limited run of Charvel style strathead necks.

I personally thought they were to expensive at what they wanted.. I'm not even sure if they still have any.. this was over last summer. Kenny Reardin is the guy to talk to about it.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

[img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? They were a part of the charvel legacy.

Comment

Wayne used to sell replacement necks that were strat head stocks that had a little nub that was easlilyt removed. I think the Fender goons cracked down on him for that [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
            shawnlutz.com

Comment

I think i know who their "enforcer" was [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? They were a part of the charvel legacy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish they were a part of the Charvel future as well.

Shawn
                Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

yeah defo...its a shame they aren't as the boogie bodies really got charvel rolling IMO

Comment

It would be neat if he was making necks. The bodies have that cool little control cavity. A matching neck would make the setup complete. I noticed on the new bodies he is using a piece of matching wood that makes the control cavity cover almost invisible. Very Cool!
                    Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

All current Boogie Body parts are listed here:

http://www.soundinstruments.com/build_your_own.htm
                      Last edited by El_Kabong; 03-31-2006, 10:20 PM.

Comment

He had a big supply of old stock necks as of just a couple years ago, his shop used to be right near me (and I've got a couple of his guitars, a spare koa body and decent neck too). It was probably 5-10 pallets of rough built necks, -quite a few. I gotta call him about a fretless bass project (koa, 2tek, alembic pups, maple and ebony neck...), -thanks for reminding me.
                        I'll post a couple pics over in the guitars by other mfg. section.

Comment

I just talked to him, he said he's going through a lot of the good old stuff all the time, so more is becoming available through that sound guy.

Comment

I just got mail from Nick at Sound Instruments and Lynn is taking orders. Today is a good day.

Comment

What does one do to place an order - just email Sound Instruments?

Comment

Working...
                              X