Strathead pic in Vintage Guitar (May)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strathead pic in Vintage Guitar (May)

Anybody see the pic in the Reader's Gallery of the 16 vintage Stratheads?

Is the owner a local here? I'd love to see some close up shots.
    What a sweet collection!

Re: Strathead pic in Vintage Guitar (May)

I've not seen it, but there's been some debate over the authenticity of alot of those guitars....
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

The guy who owns them, is his name Peter Margolis?

Comment

I would like to see that actually. Anyone?
        "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Only two of those maple necks look like they've seen any playing time. I have a hard time believing most those are
          originals. Also, did Charvel ever do exact copies of the VHII paint job?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Only two of those maple necks look like they've seen any playing time. I have a hard time believing most those are
            originals. Also, did Charvel ever do exact copies of the VHII paint job?

[/ QUOTE ]

I cry BULL $HIT. But, I could be wrong....if so.....

mike.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              I've not seen it, but there's been some debate over the authenticity of alot of those guitars....

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

Comment

Well, I am not an expert, but just from the pic, looks like a GMW fest to me. All those checkerboards (every color)? I cant tell from the pics, but if the boards are clean, then???? Collection is a little too perfect and uniform for me based on what appears to out there????

Comment

Come on...how can you guys tell anything from that distance and wide-angle shot? Legit or not, it's freakin' impressive. And not a Kahler among them. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Legit or not.... [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

So many cool looking guitars but not a single guitar with neck pickup?? Useless for me.
                      [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] J/K

Comment

SO many of those are very glossy ....after all these years? hmm...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Come on...how can you guys tell anything from that distance and wide-angle shot? Legit or not, it's freakin' impressive. And not a Kahler among them. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

All those checkerboards in one collection??? All original??? Have u checked out GMW's website?!?!?!?
                          I can only assume that you are kidding, right [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

No, I am not. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] F' if I know if they're all original. But there's no way to tell for sure from that one crappy pic. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              SO many of those are very glossy ....after all these years? hmm...

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is that so hard to believe? There are some among us that amass to serious axes in some serious quantitites and I seriously doubt they will have the time, if they hold a day job, to play them all tom hell, scratch them and make them look like relics naturally.

This guy could be a serious Charvel collector for all we know. I saw this pic on the plane the other day and just about droped 35,000 ft when I saw it.
                              Good for him, real or not.
                              Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Working...
                              X