Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAMM2006 DeMartini Crossed Swords #6982

So I get home and the UPS guy has already dropped this off:

Well she's a player. Now I gotta admit to being the ONLY guy (probably) on this board who attended NAMM2006 and did NOT pick-up this particular Charvel. I did play the Blood/skull, but not the Crossed Swords.

And kudos to Shawn for promoting the "value" of NAMM show Charvels (especially the DeMartini's [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]). Although it goes without saying that the "significant others" will call [img]/images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img] EVERYtime! (mine just did [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img])

The neck is VERY San Dimas, as in the pointy headstock taper. Very fast and with the 11/16" nut, very different than the EVH AS. Better? NO. Just different. Black hardware is soooo 80's metal, but verrrry cool. The frets are dressed emaculately. No dead spots or grab anywhere I can tell (so far). No tang snag on the sides (and this went from the East coast back to the West coast). Action and set-up is purrfect. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Shit, I'm in heaven!! [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] The alder body rings out like alder should - a thicker, midrange tone, very full in the low midrange yet having enough upper mids to be clear and articulate, which marries perfectly to the hardrock maple neck and its characteristic snap and pronounced note articulation.

Everyone who's ordered a DeMartini is gonna be FUCKING stoked. And like the EVH Art Series, strathead and all, these axes ROCK.
    mike.

Oh and more obligatory pix:

Re: NAMM2006 DeMartini Crossed Swords #6982

Very cool indeed [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] You got that from Music Zoo then? I've heard that the WD necks are very thin, but how do they compare to (for example) a current pointy Charvel, a soloist or DK1?
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

VERY cool!

I didn't get to try a crossed swords, rather the BOMBER(my least favorite of them all) and I will say, it was awe inspiring! Very fast, smooth and the guitar felt almost like a dinky reverse, quite light.

It'd be hard NOT to enjoy a guitar like that. Thanks for sharing the pics.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Very cool indeed [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] You got that from Music Zoo then? I've heard that the WD necks are very thin, but how do they compare to (for example) a current pointy Charvel, a soloist or DK1?

[/ QUOTE ]

guilty as charged! Regarding the WD necks, they are thin if you're used to a 62 roundback. But it "feels" very, very similar to the San Dimas Pointy head that I just picked up last month. I'd say that the taper is close to a 0.75-0.835".

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          VERY cool!

I didn't get to try a crossed swords, rather the BOMBER(my least favorite of them all) and I will say, it was awe inspiring! Very fast, smooth and the guitar felt almost like a dinky reverse, quite light.

It'd be hard NOT to enjoy a guitar like that. Thanks for sharing the pics.

[/ QUOTE ]

definitely fast and smooth. more pix to come!
          mike [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

very cool..congrats....
            www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
            My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

Very Nice! The more I look at the pics the louder "Way Cool Jr." plays in my head! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

Way cool junior!!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  very cool..congrats....

[/ QUOTE ]

thx Trace, I guess I'll have to keep this one away from USASDC! [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  mike.

Comment

Wicked! Congrats [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Cool. Interesting on the contour. I gotta play one of these!!!!!
                      "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Ohhh Mike!!
                        You are a bad boy, that is sweet.
                        You are right thta thing screams 80s, and not a minute too soon.
                        Congratulations buddy.
                        Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Ohhh Mike!!
                          You are a bad boy, that is sweet.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks Jose...and I have been really bad lately...(and to make matters WORSE (household-wise) I've got a Custom Suhr dropping in 3 weeks) [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                          mike.

Comment

Another Suhr..... [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
                            Those are sweet axes, I've been eye balling them for a while. One of the best kept secrets out there for boutique guitar shops.
                            I can see his backlog growing into double digits REALLY soon. John is quality.
                            Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

That is sweet!! Congrats! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X