Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how are you guys liking the duncan EVH in the 25th anni?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: how are you guys liking the duncan EVH in the 25th anni?

Originally posted by toejam:
    I've always wanted to try one of those! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Duncan can also make you a double creme version of any of their pups in their shop, but they have to put covers on them. All you have to do is pull the cover off. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Newbie here. What's the history behind double creme's having to be covered?

Comment

Originally posted by quiksilver:
      The story I always heard was that the Seymour Duncan Custom Custom is a replica of the pickup Eddie used back in the day, and that it was supposed to in fact be his signature pickup, but the deal fell through before it went to market, so SD just released it as a regular model.

My question, then, is how does the Custom Custom compare to the EVH, soundwise? Anyone know?

Thanks.
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The custom custom has way more output than the EVH pickup. The custom custom sounds miore like Ed after the Dave era. I'd say the EVH REALLY has the Dave-era VH sound with the right amp and guitar. Check my clips...

Steve
      Henning Amplification Website - http://www.henningamps.com
      My Music Page (Mojave PeaceMaker, Axe-FX, Mesa MKIV and PODXT Pro Clips)

Comment

Thanks. Your clips sound great! Very EVH-like, which is the highest compliment I can give.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam:
          Yeah, DiMarzio's got some trademark or patent thing on them. Carvin can do it, though, but I guess it's because they have extra pole pieces that they can. I think I've got an article somewhere, let me see if I can find it.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">If I'm not mistaken - some of the bobbins under the SD nickle covered pups are double creme...pull the cover and voila!

Steve E

Comment

Carvin most likely pays DiMarzio to use their patented color scheme. According to Seymour Duncan, it worked out to be $7 per pickup! I guess that explains why he won't do them anymore, and they are only available as a $150 custom order, with a cover on them...

Comment

man the 25th is a sweet axe but the EVH has to be swapped out,i love its tone but is does not have the balls. i want that tone with more ommpph!
              duncan custom TB-5 perhaps?

Comment

Working...
              X