25th Anni in the house!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 25th Anni in the house!!!!!!!

Beautiful guitar! Thanks for letting me live vicariously through you! Does anyone know details RE: the EVH pickup referred to above?

Comment

Mudkicker,
      Thanks for the information I have sent TEKKY an e-mail with pic for posting.

Thanks again

Comment

Very nice! congrats.

Comment

Good luck with your new axe, sir!
          Scott
          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Nice guitar, wow! I really want to hear that pick up for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by slo100:
              Just crank that trem down to the body, mute the springs, throw the bar away, and use it as a stop tail! That is what I do with all my v-trems.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">i'm with ya bret, any vtrem guitar i have has 5 springs and is cranked all the way down. i'd leave the bar in it though, i love that style.

from what i recall, the evh is based on the custom...a really nice open sounding pickup.

sully
              Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
              Sully Guitars on Facebook
              Sully Guitars on Google+
              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Nice guitar dude...I'm another one in the 5-spring flush to body vintage trem setup boat. Hows that guitar play, the neck especially?

Comment

stratheadcharvel
                  The trem is alreadly flush with the body and I'm with you and use it as a stop tail section. I'll leave the whammy to the floyds. But I do have to say it stay's in tune great!! Thanks for all the congrats!!!! . The pickup sounds great!!!!Has more bright high's then the duncan JB's and the low end is clearer less muddy then the JB. I may in the future get one for anothe SD I have. The neck is unfinished no clear on her at all except for the headstock

Thanks again guy's!!!
                  D

Comment

Congrats to you lucky guys.

Comment

How does the neck compare to your Wayne, or even an original SD in feel?

Comment

My wayne neck is wider so the feel is different as from what I understand he used a wider sd neck from a star for his templetes. As far as a SD strat head I think is feels the same but newer.

Comment

The 25th has a 1 11/16 nut width where the older ones 1 3/4 and 1 5/8 were more common ..
                          Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Working...
                          X