Origin Of Mick Mars Spider Web Guitar On 1981 Too Fast For Love

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Origin Of Mick Mars Spider Web Guitar On 1981 Too Fast For Love

In the early days he was always playing a Les Paul. Perhaps this mystery guitar was some sort of POS he put together himself just for posing, but the guitar itself was unplayable. That might be the reason why there is no clear pictures of the guitar, and no pictures of him actually playing it..................

Comment

...d.m.
      http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Now that my memory is refreshed after seeing the pic, it looks like a slightly smaller Guild X-88 body with a different headtock (which is mostly blocked by Mick's hands). That body shape would be interesting with a reverse head Jackson neck w/ reverse sharkfins! I know Jackson could do a cool creative & original version of that axe. I forgot above the bass that is propped up by Nikki's leg. Probably the same deal - a prop for the cover. I wish Mick or Nikki would adddress this (or someone in the know shooting the cover). I've always been curious about those axes. Thanks guys!

Comment

Thanks for posting that pic, DM, I was thinking of another pic (zebra-striped Guild Star). Judging by Mick's pose and the oddly straight headstock, I'd tend to believe the prop theory.
          The body style looks kinda like a Fastar with a King V rear horns....interesting thread.
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Hi y'all! I apologize if I'm necroposting... one of the main reasons why I came to this forum was to find more information on this guitar. I loved the guitar the millisecond I saw it and I've been curious to know if it's out there. Is it custom made? It seems to me that only one exists or existed. It would be my number one main axe. May someone please post a pic of it or have anymore info on it? I would highly appreciate it. I wish I could buy it, but I'm dead broke.

Comment

Wow! 8 years!
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

LOL! I was like, where was this thread...then I saw the date....crap! Wondering why the pics weren't coming up.

Comment

Yeah, what X said:
                  Wow! An eight-year-old thread bump.

Comment

There is a X-88 on ebay right now.
                    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Guil...item2ebdc8566a
                    Being a Star guy...I'd dig one.

Comment

Thanx and I didn't expect any responses at all. Yeah, I unfortunately don't have the money for that one. Plus it was made in 1984. The one Mick Mars had was made any time between 1979-1981.

Comment

Very cool.
                        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                        X