Strat head VS Pointy head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Strat head VS Pointy head

...That tilt-Strat head looks like the old-school Warlock headstock from the '80s...pretty cool. Always thought that was a good idea though.

Comment

Did you know that tilt-back headstock design contributes to guitar sustain? [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

How?

Comment

I think it has something to do with the way the headstock is tilted back [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Go on...

Comment

hmmmm i too have an uncle.... -Peter Griffin (the family guy) [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

from a physics standpoint, the tilt back headstock increases the downward pressure on the nut...i, too, have heard this somehow increases sustain but i'm not sure how...maybe the extra pressure gives a more stable surface for the string to ring longer?...d.m.
                http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

i have a esp george lynch serpent that has a 13 degrees tilted back headstock and it has similar sustain to my las paul. i guess, coming from a bolt on guitar the angled stock must contribute something.

Comment

Originally posted by deviltronix:
                    Fender won't license it out to builders or what .... consider "competition".

Guitar makers are competition.

All parts is not.

-Rich-
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">
                    Originally posted by diablomozart:
                    they only license out to replacement parts companies...and those companies cannot put a logo on the headstock...d.m.
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well, technically, Fender is licensing the strathead to Charvel now...that is a guitar company. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Racer,

FMIC now owns the Charvel name, and the strat head shape. So technically they aren't licensing another builder to build them, one of their inhouse divisions (jackson/charvel) are building them.

Comment

No, actually I believe RacerX is correct. As I understand it, Jackson / Charvel is not a "division" of Fender. It is still a separate company, albiet one wholly owned by FMIC. Hence, FMIC authorized J/C to use the strathead shape pursuant to a licensing agreement. A legal technicality but, unfortunately, an important one with respect to using stratheads.

F'n lawyers. [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img] ...j/k! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks, shreddermon, you clarified it well!
                          Mudkicker, I saw the licensing agreement in person - it's on the back of every Charvel stratheadstock now.

Too many people are forgetting that Jackson/Charvel is still an independent entity, just with a different owner.

Officially, they are now JCMI -
                          Jackson Charvel Manufacturing, Incorporated.
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                          X