please set me straight on ordering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: please set me straight on ordering

...I see all of your points, and I'm right there with ya on the lack of a website update---that's weak sauce (especially since I pretty much walked out of the NAMM exhibit with a stiffy--it seems the 1 3/4" nut width I prefer is now the standard!!) [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img] . My former boss is now the West Coast Fender rep, and is also handling the C/J line...he seemed to think the new Charvels would be hitting stores before spring. As far as the Custom Shop, he was saying eventually you'll be able to order anything you want, just like the old days...I'm supposed to go do some drinking with him soon, I'll pump him for more info then... [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

That's basic multi-year marketing strategy. Look at Gibson and how many years they have issued a re-issue that's "as close as possible", and every years is a little better than the last one? If they shot the wad the first year, they'd sell them to the folks that want them, and that would be the end of the profitability of that run.

A single hum vintage trem strathead appeals to me, Shred. Your post makes sense, but keep in mind what you want to see may not be what everybody else wants to see. Personally, a strathead vintage trem 1 hum 1 single and I'm good right there.

Comment

Originally posted by tmdiamond:
        As it stands now, we can get something close, but not quite what everyone dreams about having.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Actually, as of right now, we can't get anything. Can't even make an order, apparently. Can't even get a picture from the company itself. Can't even get information as to when we might be able to buy. For all we know, it'll be a year from now before anyone has a Charvel.

I'd be perfectly happy with the ability to order a pointy Charvel Standard with a Floyd and maple fretboard in one of the standard colors. The price list makes me believe that is an available option, but as of right now, it's not available, and who knows when it ever will be.

For all I know, I might could get a Jackson custom shop pointy ordered and in my hands before any of these Charvel Standards are even available to order.

A smart marketing strategy not only whets an appetite with a what, but also with a when (and doesn't promise things it doesn't deliver, even if that something is a website update).

Comment

Originally posted by tmdiamond:
          My desire is for a H/S Floyded Strat with a maple stratheaded neck. My dream guitar differs from Chucks and Shreds and RP's.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Actually, that's exactly what I want, too. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I would much prefer to do a custom order. But I'm not incredibly picky, either. I'd settle for almost any multi-PU arragement with a Floyd. If only they would offer a model with those type of specs. Or, alternatively, take the ankle chains off the custom shop!

Comment

Turns out, my email is now working. Thanks, Matt.

I can stop complaining now, as I got the info I wanted. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I'm starting to think my email isn't working. I've emailed three dealers now, and not a single one has gotten back to me at all, including one that offered to give out info if emailed in this very thread.

Comment

Working...
              X