Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the wayne bait and switch..?...............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: the wayne bait and switch..?...............

Ya know, I've never dealt with them.
    I do feel bad for Wayne tho.

Buisness is evil sometimes.
    I wish him the best.

About 4 years ago, I had someone contact me by the name of Greg, claiming to work for Wayne Guitars. I dunno the truth to his claim.
    But he was trying to get contact info for Zach Blair, whom at the time played in GWAR as Flattus Maximus.

He said they hat a bat vee death model they were interested in having him endorse. Funny thing is, years later, I see a mention of this model on teh site, but still no pictures, info etc.

Comment

I had one of the 2 bat wings produced...I bought mine on the basis there was only one...mine which was more of a rip on a rhoads having the shortened right wing and cutaway.. then of late the other has surfaced on ebay being a full V with no cutaway, not as interesting to look at either... both carry the WRC 3x3 headstock and though I dont care for the design much, it is a straight string pull design which would be nice if either were non floyds.....I do prefer this headstock to the upcoming one.... I will say I couldnt stand the paper thin neck my bat wing had and the floyd route was not done properly , there was no way to pull up on it no matter how you set it up so I had the route opened up to properly float the bridge.. what a joke....... I am sure the one on ebay also had that same crap profile...I have played a few other WRC guitars and they were awful as well....I do agree with larry on all points ......
      well, wayne guitars better figure it out and quick, I have gotten many emails this past year from guys asking if I have had poor paint,fret,assembly work, and I am not gonna shy away, on a scale of 1-10 I give them a 4.5 , if I pay $2k+ for a guitar I shouldnt have to be f'n around dressing frets right out of the case..moreover I shouldnt have to see "brushed" finish repairs around the neckpocket, on one of the waynes I bought the action was so high you couldve used it in the kitchen for slicing colby cheese....after setting it up to my personal taste I still had to dress the frets after the 14th fret, rushed work indeed.. just very slip shot over all.... granted I did keep 2 of them and those are awesome instruments,I shouldve kept my star ,it was also killer...to even have the 2 I have left bothers me given the b.s. I went through with michael..I would certainly never gig either out or recommend this line.
      2-3 good ones out of 14 isnt good "QC" in my book. unfortunately the 3 good ones were my first 3 purchases, .... john

Comment

When are we going to be able to see the new headstock ????

Comment

I hear the new wayne site is going to operational this week.... keep checking it for the new head....john

Comment

I have played horrible Wayne guitars and I have played great ones. In fact, I bought two of them from Music Zoo. The bad one I returned and the great one I still have (see the pic below). When you get a good one, they are great! I recommend playing before buying or getting one from an online store like Music Zoo that has a Great return policy and truly honors it.

My Wayne:

Steve
            Henning Amplification Website - http://www.henningamps.com
            My Music Page (Mojave PeaceMaker, Axe-FX, Mesa MKIV and PODXT Pro Clips)

Comment

Working...
            X