Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For those with 25th Anv. Charvel orders...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: For those with 25th Anv. Charvel orders...

Yeah they can crank them out for 1200.00 but how much will they charge for a Charvel Logo'd guitar?

Comment

Hey, I'm not arguing about why the imports didn't work out. I can't really say anything about them, because I've not purchased any. I'm just speculating why the 25 Anniversary Model is so expensive. It just looks like they're fishing. In a little less than a week and a half we'll probably forget all about this run and start discussing the new USA Charvels. I'm hoping we'll have some very positive things to discuss.
      Occupy JCF

Comment

Hmm, I've got a 2001 Fender USA Double Fat Strat Hardtail. I paid under $1,000 for it. If I change the logo to Charvel, think I can sell it for $2,000- $3,000? [img]graemlins/idea2.gif[/img] Any takers? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Satch, I'll sell you all the $1800 Charvel logo's you want.
          I'll even install them for free, AND eat shipping of the guitar both ways. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

toejam [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

sometimes you pay for the name...

I agree that at 3000.00 it is an over priced bolt on problems there. We have to see how they compare to the older stratheads and that will tell if they are really worth the loot. MF's price is high there are other dealer's selling them for alot less

Comment

Clearly my guitar is better since it's got a second humbucker and five-way switch. Plus, it stays in tune better with its hardtail bridge than it would with the stupid vintage-type trem. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Come on, someone jump on my offer already! I also just changed the strings on it yesterday to 10-46 from the 9-42. It's got more tone to it now. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Chuck does that include the neck plate with low ser# and case.... hahaha [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                J/K

Comment

The Japanese Charvels were a joke. It wouldn't have mattered if they put Charvel logos, Jackson logos, or PRS logos for gods sake. The guitars were horribly inaccurate made out of bodies that didn't resemble anything Charvel had ever made. On top of that, combine a "Sears" headstock with extremely overpriced list prices and those things were doomed from the start. Everyone here told AMIC they wouldn't sell. The fact that AMIC totally screwed that one up should have nothing to do with the making of real USA Charvels and/or Stratheads.

GuitarXpress's bullseye Charvels were a success because Lloyd knew what he was doing and accepted input from the JCF. They were also somewhat reasonably priced. Actually, if FMIC/Jackson sold 92 25th Aniversary Charvels, that's pretty darn successful considering how high the price is

Comment

Well, I guess there's no pleasing some people.
                    Occupy JCF

Comment

You got that right!!

Comment

So if it's $800 it isn't a fitting tribute to the Charvel mystique??? And charging $3000 makes it OK? You guys crack me up.

No fender bashing whatsoever here, nothing said about Fender at all. The point is, if these guitars were made in the Fender Custom Shop by Fender employees, then they are $3000 Fender Strats with a Charvel logo slapped on them. That's all, plain and simple.

Comment

I have herd that the GuitarXpress's bullseye Charvels were great guitars I did hear about them untill they were sold out... I did not know that the sears headstock charvel's were that poorly made. I liked the 80's MIJ Charvels I still have one left a Model 88 . I two but sold one.
                          Thanks for the infor Greg... I have always wondered about those guitars you see them alot on ebay [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I did not know that the sears headstock charvel's were that poorly made
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">There is 2 different versions of those guitars with those headstocks. There is the original San Dimas series from 95/96 and the newer import series. The USA 95/96 series are killer guitars ..great craftmanship and play awesome. It's the newer import series Greg is referring too ..
                            Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Correct, and I never said that the newer Japanese ones were poorly made. They are actually pretty darn nice. It's just that they weren't true to any former Charvel and they were overpriced compared to a Japanese DK-2 or PC-3.

Comment

my .02 on this is that most of the speculation is based on a guitar that was made for summer namm. yes, this was pretty much a fender badged as a charvel, mainly because they just wanted to have something to display by the show date. from the get go, the prototype for the reish was just a prototype that would be dialed in to accuracy.

i don't think that the finished run will be rebadged american strats; i really don't think that fmic believes that the people buying them are that stupid. they're pretty close with most of their reissues, this shouldn't be any different.

is it overpriced? hellllllll yes! there's not more than $600 worth of parts in it. are you paying a premium for a strathead? hell yes! fact is, people will buy them.

as far as getting your $3 grand worth, you're not going to, considering that no matter what, you're still dealing with about 600 worth in parts; i don't care who you are, no one can make a $2400 fretjob. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] all you can expect with any guitar is that the tolerances are tight (they should be, as the routing/main shaping are done by cnc - not a bad thing), the neck is straight, the wiring is clean, and the frets are done well. granted, most companies don't level or dress the frets on mass produced lines, but since this is a custom run, i'd expect them to be done.

anyway, sorry for the rambling, but no, it's not worth 3 grand, but people will buy it.

sully
                                Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                                Sully Guitars on Facebook
                                Sully Guitars on Google+
                                Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                                X