Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For those with 25th Anv. Charvel orders...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: For those with 25th Anv. Charvel orders...

I don't believe that at all. I have friends working at Fender, I like Fender as a company, I like Fenders products. I wanted to make that very clear. I'm NOT bashing Fender in ANY way.

The 25th Anniversary Charvel Stratheads were made in the Fender C/S due to Charvel/Jacksons shop not being up and running when scheduling demanded that these guitars were built. That is the only reason.

Comment

So I guess that means they were built by Fender employees exclusively. I'm sorry but I think that stinks. Those guitars are overpriced FENDERS with Charvel logos.

Comment

Just so all of you guy's know, I'm not knocking Fender guitars at all! I just find it insane that they have to charge 3k for something that is not original. I feel because they now own Jackson that they are taking advantage of the whole "Charvel aura" They know "WE" are here and that there are alot of Charvie heads looking for strat head guitars, I just feel what they are doing it taking advantage of the Charvel name. It's like sticking it in us and breaking it off at that insane price.
        I don't care if they only made 50 of them, I would never pay 3k for something that was not an original.

Now I'm done with this topic as well. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Fender would be foolish to not take advantage of a marketable brand they own. The Charvel name has been driven into the ground since the mid 80's - I don't think they can do anything more insulting than the "Charvette".

As for the $3k price, you can't put prestige back in the Charvel name with $800 guitars. This special is probably a trial run to see what kind of demand is out there for something they can make a good profit on.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon:
            It is just so lame how some of you guys are continually looking for excuses to criticize FMIC, Fender, Jackson, Charvel, whatever. [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

I'm done with this topic.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I agree with this 100%
            Now that FMIC owns the Jackson name everyone seems to think that Fenders suck?? They don't suck ok? Fender has been building great guitars for way longer than most of us have been alive and for you to say they "suck" is the biggest crock of shit I could imagine hearing anyone here say. I think the FMIC buyout was the best thing that could have happened to Jackson at the time. FMIC is one of the few guitar manufacturers that has the resources to keep a great guitar great. Has anyone here seen their facilities? Here's just one tiny example I can think of but read this, ok?
            http://www.pfonline.com/articles/060302.html
            My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Originally posted by Fretburner:
              Now I'm done with this topic as well. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [/QB]
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Just here, or are you done with it at Charvel Central too???
              Occupy JCF

Comment

It is just so lame how some of you guys are continually looking for excuses to criticize FMIC, Fender, Jackson, Charvel, whatever. [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

I'm done with this topic.

Comment

Originally posted by TEKKY:
                  </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Just here, or are you done with it at Charvel Central too???</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Tekky Did I erk you by stating the FENDER comment? If you have a problem with me speak up!

Comment

Speak up? I don't think I've danced around the issue at all. I've said what came to mind on it so far.

Your are well within your right to post your "Fender" comments just as I am within my right to post a response to it.
                    Occupy JCF

Comment

I think reguardless of which shop is making them they are know that same company , as long as the right people have given there imput on the construction of these guitars, they should be close SD Charvel's. Maybe the price is a bit out of line but like some one said before a charvel for 800 bucks would not be the answer either. I'll even go further and say a 1999.99 would not be either.. Like I posted on C.C. we should have those members who are getting a 25th to compare it to an origional and write a post on the two and that should end it, because really we want them to be as exact as possible don't we..??? If that cost's up to 3g's then it does. Frankly 3 g's for a guitar that only 92 have been made to date and 100 total I think is fair if that is what you want if not get the dime a dozen GMW copy that has no real resale value(not ment as a slam at all I like there guitars.) What's is going to happen if they do a RR Anni are we going to go through the same thing that we are with this???? [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

The point is, if these guitars were made in the Fender Custom Shop by Fender employees, then they are $3000 Fender Strats with a Charvel logo slapped on them. That's all, plain and simple.
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Your point of view is right but your perception is slightly off .. While Fender is making these it's crazy to think it's just a fender with a charvel logo. Charvel necks we all know are greatly different from Fender necks. .. If they weren't we wouln't be talking in this folder today. Fact is Charvels had their own specs that varied from a standard fender ..so if fender does these in their shop to the original specs how are they not charvel .. Another way to look at it is by the hands that made them... From San Dimas to Ontario the employees change just like any company and it's safe to assume newer employees were building the Jacksons ..albiet the guitars themselves didn't change structurally much at all ...

So iregardless of where it's made ..it will still have the same basic dimensions ...kinda like buying a GMW Fender er I mean charvel clone right?...
                        Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

one point..mike shannon was in charge of the design...that's why i had to go to namm last summer...to meet up with them...d.m.
                          http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

So if Bob Weaddababyitsaboy quits his job at the Fender custom shop and then gets a job at the Jackson/Charvel custom shop every guitar he makes is a Fender??? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

As far as pricing goes, I agree, it's steep. But there's a couple of factors on this price.
                            1) it's a limited run.
                            2) it's a "Special Anniversary Edition"
                            3) It's the first strat-head Charvel in years
                            4) It's a guage to determine interest in Charvels. From what I understand the sales of the current imports are not meeting expectations, so instead of scrapping Charvels altogether because they don't sell (I can just imagine the flak that they'd get from some of you if that were the case), they're re-grouping and looking to keep the name alive by putting out feelers of what we would buy.

[ January 05, 2004, 01:53 PM: Message edited by: TEKKY ]
                            Occupy JCF

Comment

What I'm trying to say about the Charvel mystique is that at 800.00 bucks I don't think you will get the same quality of workmanship/hardware/finish today, that you would get for the 3g's range. You can get as close as possible to a "back in the day guitar" but not at the "back in the day price's", inflation & cost of living and cost of doing business dictates this and has alot to do with the reason why this guitar cost's so much and why other's do also. Yeah the price is steep but if they can reproduce the same quality of work. I think it is worth the money.

Comment

The sales of the current imports aren't meeting expectations because that was a crock of shit right out of the gate. I too was here for all the hype, "Hey, we're bringing back Charvels!!". Nope. Not even close. When the smoke cleared, what we got were left over parts from the reissues and various other failed attempts.
                                Now you're telling me it takes $3000 worth of "craftsmanship" to make a Charvel? Excuse me??

IT'S A BOLT ON STRAT, fer christsakes!!!

If GMW can crank em out for $1200 a pop, so can Charvel/Jackson/FMIC. Anything beyond that price wise is gouging.

Besides, what market share are they studying by building $3000 single hum bolt on strats? The sucker market??

Comment

Working...
                                X