No announcement yet.

Charvel/Schecter Connection ca. 1978?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Charvel/Schecter Connection ca. 1978?

Back in the early 50's Fender made a double cutaway Telecaster for a guy that was finished purple. For the longest time it was thought the guitar was a flat out fake/mod until Bill Carson was shown pictures and remembered that guitar being made around the time Leo was building prototypes of the Stratocaster. He liked the double cut idea and the contour in the rear, but detested the color. If I can find pics of it I will post them. However, this was a real one off and by no means a production model.

Comment

The guy who made the machines for the bodies and necks they all used in the early days was named "Warmoth".
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">?????? That was only BB necks. [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

My Dimarzio strats have San Dimas bodies. Who made the necks?
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Stuart Spector made some......Many of the "San Dimas" bodies are actually ESP.

"If you want to be truthful, they're both ripping off Fender."
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">....and Fenders amplifier circuits were taken directly from 30's and 40's P.A. amps that OTHER MANUFACTURERS designed. [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

-eric

Comment

Eric

What would distinguish the body as an ESP?

Kev
        It's not a competition, it's a community

Comment

My research is turning up the Lyn Elsworth made the necks (some of) for Dimarzio as well as Boogie and early Charvel.

Antone have info?

Comment

It's all right here.
            http://www.jacksonmuseum.com/evoluti...1972-1978.html

Comment

Chuck

That is great info and explains the necks for Dimarzio best...

Kev

Comment

I think the only point that may have gotten looked over is the fact that USUALLY, more then one company made components for the other companies.

Everything I read in this thread is basically true to what I have been told through Lyn, Neil Moser, Mike Charvel and even Wayne Charvel.

The funny thing is most of them have "shetchy" memories as to who was doing what.

It's as though they all recognize the fact that they all kinda helped out each other but can't quite get it together as to who contributed what.

I do know that Wayne started out modding before actually building/milling anything.

Wayne brought in Lynn Ellsworth (a high school buddy) to cut bodies and necks. Lynn actually started "boogie Bodies" due to the fact that Wayne showed him there was a great opportunity in exotic woods(info per the Charvel book "The Custom Guitar Shop")

Comment

Lynn (Boogie Bodies) only made a "couple" of necks for DiMarzio. He had payment problems and decided to give up on that end of the business.

-eric

Comment

WOO HOO - Now for the tuners and final set up by a pro. My 100% Brazilian Rosewood neck will get some use [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Thanks Mr. graphic

Comment

Working...
                    X