Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could someone provide me with the following ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Could someone provide me with the following ?

My worry right now is that the vintage trem wont hold up as well as the floyd, and I would have lots of tuning problems.

Im also worried that the guitar will be too thin sounding w/ an alder body and a single humbucker, even if I stuck an emg 85 in there.

Comment

I went with the traditional str@t body shape (I used to play Vs and still have 2 - but I am kinda off of crazy shaped guitars for now).

As for tone, lets put it this way, what you play through is just as important as what you play with. Through a Triaxis, Mesa 2/90 and recto cab, it absolutely fukin destroys. When I play with other people, I never get tone complaints (they have other complaints, like "tune that damn thing", but the guitar itself sounds real good).

EMG81 is NOT weak by any means. With the solid heavy maple, it is a little bright and if that is not to your taste then I would definately recomend Northern Hard Ash (this is also heavy wood, I am not talking about that light Swamp Ash stuff) (However, if you use a good (read: rack mounted) eq, it mostly becomes a wash anyway if you tweek things right). The Northern Hard Ash seems to me to be a great balance between the brightness of maple and the darkness of say, mahagany (I have a mahagany LP with an 81 in the bridge).
      "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

The les paul custom i was eyeing on ebay got bought, so im pretty well set with the GMW. Just my only concern is I want this guitar to be capable of down tuning to atleast C without sounding like crap.

This should be doable right ? Is there a type of wood that is better than another for mainting note clarity when greatly down tuned ?

Comment

PAddock,

Lee recently built me a Green/yellow bengal to san dimas specs. The thing is the best guitar I own and closest thing I have every played to real san dimas charvel. Lee will suggest an Duncan sh-14 custom 5, and I HIGHLY recommened it. More than enough gain, but cleans up beautifully. You'll want the brass string tree and the Charvel Bent Plate Tremelo. I would sugget strayinf from the classic Charvel Goto tuners and getting Schaller Locking tuners. Since I have added them, my vintage trem stays in tune for days. Lee will give you gold neckplate, strap buttons, and volume button... but you can always track down brass ones.

rich

Comment

I would love to see pictures of your guitar if you have any !

Comment

The custom 5 is a great pickup all the gain you want and cleans up very smoothly.The combo of custom 5 in the bridge and JB in the neck is a good one.I use this combo in my JS30 and it smokes.All the darkness and crunch but yet very smooth and mellow.I've used this thru a dual rectifier awesome,JCM 800 stack,soldano SLO,and matchless great with every amp.
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

For what level of distortion though ? like van halen style ? or the death metal grind ?

Comment

You can get anything from van Halen to Death metal, depending on the amp.

Two of my GMW's are here:

http://www31.addr.com/~richarda/site...rs/guitars.htm

Comment

This is the topic I've been looking for. I've been drooling over the GMW Jake E. Lee Blue Burst guitar on their site, but have no idea what a San Dimas Charvel neck feels like. I'm assuming that's the style neck it comes with.

Is there any current guitars on the market that have a similar feel? I have Ibanez wizard necked guitars, 87 Charvel Model6, Gibson Les Paul Classic. I hate Wolfgang necks and I haven't played enough strats to make an opinion.

That Jake guitar was the second guitar I ever fell in love with, after the Les Paul.

From all the good things I've heard from here, GMW only make quality stuff. So I'm not too worried about getting something from them.

Thanks,

JE

Comment

I have a vintage trem on my bengal (charvel bent plate).. it feels and performs awesome.. I Highly recommend getting Schaller Locking Tuners (or sperzel.. but I think Schaller look way cooler). The locking tuners will take away the tuning headaches associated with vintage trems. They did for me.

rIch

Comment

Working...
                      X