New Charvel USA Guitars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Charvel USA Guitars

maybe they'll forget to update the prices and keep charging import rates. My fingers are crossed.

Comment

If they bring back USA Charvels with Stratheads, are we going to lose the 24 frets and go back to just 22? I'll take a Strathead if it's got 24 frets, but otherwise, I'll stick with a pointyhead, thank you very much. Wayne Charvel only offers 22 frets on his line also... what's up with that?!? I like having the 2 extra frets! [img]graemlins/baby.gif[/img]
      Anyway, I like the look of the Strat headstocks, but I still don't see the big deal with them, since they don't tilt back and you need stupid string trees or a retainer bar to keep the strings angled down. [img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img]
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Joe, I hear ya on those counts. I too prefer 24 frets if possible, but I can get by on 22. I also was weirded out by strat type headstocks that didn't tilt back in my younger playing days, but love it just fine now, and I love the look of the string retainer bar on a Floyded strat head (or similar). You'll have to visit and play my 24 fret strat head, you will be converted!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

That`s great news for sure [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] I would actually rather have the pointy headstocks, I don`t care for strat heads and trees, but to each their own I say, I and I hope they offer both. I hope for a Model 2 type Charvel, with the thick rounded neck profile and 1 humbucker ofcourse and non-recessed Floyd or Kahler Pro, man that would be extra cool in aset-neck design, something I really like or neck-thru would be cool also, but I am guessing they will be bolt-ons like the old Charvels, it`s all [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] either way. Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by Genebaby:
            You'll have to visit and play my 24 fret strat head, you will be converted!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, I just may have to pay a visit to the land down under!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I've already got a 2001 USA Fender Double Fat Strat hardtail that's an awesome guitar that I can get by on just fine, but those extra two frets would come in handy!

Comment

Oh yeah, I forget about your Fat Strat....I like the look of a strat head with a floyd retainer bar on it...

come and visit anyway... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I agree, the Floyd retainer bars do look better instead of the little trees. And I'll eventually visit your part of the world one day... if only to see that redburst beauty of yours! [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Well, next week is spring over here!!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I`ll put my name down for a US Pointy Charvel. I`ve always wanted one of these but you never see them over here in England. I can`t be doing with the Strat Headstock version though, It`s just not my cup of tea!!!!

Comment

Have you considered getting a Bullseye Charvel from GuitarXpress? They are great guitars, and you can even get them now!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X