Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SOMEBODY is gonna have A BALL with THIS ONE ! ! !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SOMEBODY is gonna have A BALL with THIS ONE ! ! !

[img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Wonders if he is referring to a reddish haired leprechaun from Hell??

[img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Nobody backdoored it Greg! I still have it.

Comment

So you put up the auction and then decided to close it down and cancel all bids just so you could keep it??? [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

The person who I think got it is the same person who bought a bunch of Charvel logos and told the seller "Don't tell anyone I bought these from you".

If you guys only knew how far reaching the fake San Dimas Charvel underground is and actually WHO is supplying the parts.... [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

indeed...and to go one further, what gets me even more is that many of those who talk about how uncool and wrong it is to fake charvels are doing it themselves but justifying it by saying things like "oh, i'm not trying to pass it off as anything." or "it's just for replica purposes." [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img] whatever; you are misrepresenting something, point blank.

i'm sorry, i think that there's nothin lamer than faking guitars. any guitar. a waterslide decal does not make a guitar play any better, so why bother? it pisses me off when people do that, to say the least.

/rant

sully
          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
          Sully Guitars on Facebook
          Sully Guitars on Google+
          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

So is it real?!
            www.kiddhavok.com
            www.youtube.com/kiddhavokband

Comment

Greg,
              Yep that's right I put it up and ended it the following day due to the fact that people were talking about Lawsuits, copyrights and other crap.

I don't need that hassle. I bought these from a collector that didn't even want to sell them. I just wanted to buy ONE but I was told if I didn't buy both he would just keep them. I had to give a good chunk of cash for them. This is why I listed one to re-coop some of my money back I had to fork out for them. Are they real? I have no idea, but they sure look great to me or I wouldn't have spent the kind of money I did for them! I can tell you that they have been sitting for many years.

For your information Mr. Crowe or anyone else reading this, I'm not the guy that buy's Charvel parts and tells a seller not to tell anyone that I purchased parts or logos. I have nothing to hide and tell it like it is! you have a problem with me, let me know! Don't start crap about someone you don't even know.

Originally posted by Greg Crowe:
              So you put up the auction and then decided to close it down and cancel all bids just so you could keep it??? [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

The person who I think got it is the same person who bought a bunch of Charvel logos and told the seller "Don't tell anyone I bought these from you".

If you guys only knew how far reaching the fake San Dimas Charvel underground is and actually WHO is supplying the parts.... [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/images/icons/mad.gif[/img]
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

[ August 22, 2003, 01:22 PM: Message edited by: Fretburner ]

Comment

Uh fretburner......... I wasn't talking about you. It should be perfectly clear in my post that I was talking about someone else who does build fakes. Please so back and reread.

Comment

As far as slapping logos on necks. I myself am guilty of slapping a Charvel San Dimas logo on a project which consisted of an original serialized Star body that was missing it's neck and neckplate. I got the correct neck from GMW and logo'd it myself. I built the guitar for myself and nobody else. It never has been for sale nor will it ever be. Also, I always slap Japanese/Ft. Worth Charvel neckplates on my projects and write my name and the current date in the neck pockets.

[ August 22, 2003, 03:53 PM: Message edited by: Greg Crowe ]

Comment

Originally posted by jsullysix:
                    indeed...and to go one further, what gets me even more is that many of those who talk about how uncool and wrong it is to fake charvels are doing it themselves but justifying it by saying things like "oh, i'm not trying to pass it off as anything." or "it's just for replica purposes." [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img] whatever; you are misrepresenting something, point blank.

i'm sorry, i think that there's nothin lamer than faking guitars. any guitar. a waterslide decal does not make a guitar play any better, so why bother? it pisses me off when people do that, to say the least.

/rant

sully
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I have refinished a couple model series and went for the matching headstock, I used Charvel USA waterslide logos because I couldn't find any import logos. Any idiot would be able to tell they are import model series and I'd never try to pass them off as anything else anyways.

[ August 22, 2003, 12:26 PM: Message edited by: Shawn Lutz ]
                    shawnlutz.com

Comment

shawn, that to me is different, as you're simply refinning something. to clarify, i have more issue with those that slap logos on GMWs and warmoth necks, etc.

sully
                      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                      Sully Guitars on Facebook
                      Sully Guitars on Google+
                      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

NOW, NOW...GIRLS...PLAY NICE !!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

...Now, when I USED TO BE ALLOWED to make the few EVH replicas that I was doing, I would put a 3+3 USA Charvel logo on the black/yellow VH II's to make them SOMEWHAT AUTHENTIC LOOKING, but ANYONE HERE that KNOWS ME - KNOWS that...

1}...I put them on OBVIOUS NON-Charvel necks {wide dots at the 12th, different shaped headstocks, etc.}...

2]...I CLEARLY STATED that it was a DUMMY LOGO...AND...

3}...EVERY VH II replica that I PRODUCED {including MY OWN} is CLEARLY STAMPED on the BACK of the heel ABOVE the neck pocket - INTO THE WOOD - with 1/8" tool steel stamps - a "DD" and a DD SERIAL NUMBER...

...and it is MY BELIEF that if SOMEONE is doing a refin on a REAL CHARVEL, that putting a logo on is TOTALLY COOL ...

BUT... ANYONE who BUILDS a MUTT around a PLATE...DESERVES to be STAKED - SPREAD-EAGLE to a FIRE-ANT PILE with THEIR GENITALS SMEARED WITH HONEY !!!! [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

I think that if you look back at PAST POSTS HERE or at the Kramer Forum, you'll SEE that I TOTALLY FROWN UPON the sale of plates, etc...

...If you HAVE a PLATE - KEEP IT , or HANG IT on yer WALL !!!!

...There's ENOUGH WH0RED-OUT PARTS MUTTS OUT THERE NOW !!!!!

Comment

The picture of the auction isn't that great, but it has what apears to be air bubble type pitting on the upper right edge of the plate, the gold looks spraypainted lightly, and the address looks off, maybe because of improper casting...

I think it's a fake cast... but then again, only better pictures will really tell.
                          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

That is a cool idea,writing your name and date in the neck pocket. The Ft Worth plates look fine too and I have seen similar ones with no address at all. I have seen members with their own logo they put on guitars that looks great. I am thinking of making a parts mutt logo for kicks...
                            It's not a competition, it's a community

Comment

Working...
                            X