X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Charvel

gad,
    it's not a point of taking care of the axes,
    i would like to think we are all good to them, but try not bashing your guitar when you are gigging or jamming. i have slipped on beer spots,
    tripped over cables,pedals, bumped into marshalls while looking at chicks, the whole nine yards. they can take a beating at times.
    tommy
    Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Jackson is currently the better guitar because the charvel line has been neglected for the most part. Fender sees that a Charvel revival would be lucrative so the tides could turn.

rich

Comment

I like both bolt on and neck through designs. However, my overall favorite Jackson is hands down the Soloist.

Comment

Good Topic This bolton neck thru debate...

Fantastic guitarists, better than we will ever be, have played bolt ons in the majority. Randy and a few other greats have played neck thrus...

Sustain is not an issue. You should be able to get great sustain with any guitar. And I say that because this is the JCF and we play with overdrive. If your guitar has bad sustain I would look at the bridge or nut but not the neck.

It will come down to preference. I have bolt on strat heads and neck thru soloists. My early Bolt ons are my favorite. I would like to spend a day with a soloist with an oiled neck but I do not have one.

Tommy is so right about gigging and guitar damage. In one club they had so many holes in the stage with a thick carpet over it. By the second set I went thru the floor with my guitar in my hands in the middle of a song. One club had an electrical fire and we had to get the equipment out fast... If you are woried about your guitar do not gig with it. I think the bolt ons are a little more rugged than the set necks or neck thrus. The pointies take a beating when cliped that the stratheads can survive...

My passion is for bolt ons but I have a model 6 I will never sell...
          It's not a competition, it's a community

Comment

AlexL

Let us know how you like your new bolt on.

Kev
            It's not a competition, it's a community

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by AlexL:
              Originally posted by jinx:
              So, are neck-through guitars better than bolt-ons? Absolutely. Sometimes. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I agree 100%. I have only been playing/collecting Jackson/Charvel guitars for about 8 months and have bought and/or sold 17 guitars in that period, neck-thrus, set-necks and bolt-ons. And it finally occurred to me that each guitar is very different and they all have pros and cons. [img]graemlins/idea2.gif[/img]

Here's a suggestion to you if you are considering buying Jacksons/Charvels (Assuming you can afford it). Buy a bolt-on MIJ Charvel Model series guitar and buy a early 90s Jackson Professional neck-thru guitar, such as a Soloist Pro, Rhoads Pro, Warrior Pro or Infinity Pro. If you buy them on eBay or here on the JCF, the Model guitar should cost you $150 - $250 and the Jackson Pro should cost you $400 -$600. You'll have two great players and YOU can determine what you like and dislike about each type of guitar.

Actually, if you do find a Jackson Infinity Pro, you should pass on it and tell me where you found it. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

It is better to live alone in the desert than with a crabby, complaining wife. Proverbs 21:19 (NLT)
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Can I get an AMEN?? [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                X