Charvel Strathead shape question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel Strathead shape question

In browsing around Musikraft’s neck order form, I note that they offer a Charvel Style Strat headstock, in addition to 1954 and 1960’s Strat headstocks. Can anyone tell me how the Charvel version of the Strat headstock differs from Fender's – or better yet, show pics? Thanks!

Re: Charvel Strathead shape question

There was a thread either here or on CC where they discussed this, & iirc the Charvel headstock was supposedly based on the '56 strat. I think Mike H. posted some side by side pics of one of his Charvels next to his friend's '56 strat & they were very close. I'll search & see if I can find the thread.

Comment

Most are slightly different from each other , as they were hand made. So its very hard to say.I have had 6 stratheads and they were all different.I liked them all each one was shaped differently.

Comment

Thanks, guys. I appreciate it. I am thinking of getting a Musikraft neck for my Charvel, and I'd like to make it as close to the originals as possible.

Comment

Ive heard GMW's stratheads and those musikcraft necks are as close as you can get.Ive had a gmw neck and it was damn close to one of my old ones.

Comment

I hear REALLY good things about Musikraft's Charvel replacement necks and bodies...I'm gonna check them out for my next build....

Comment

The GMW Charvel strat headstocks were made from the original templates, so they are exact to the original Charvel strat headstock shape. The Musikraft is very close but not exact. Musikfat necks are about as close as you can get besides the real thing.

Comment

Thanks, guys! Sounds good to me. Now, which one to order. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

you cant order a GMW strathead anymore, so your only choice really is warmoth or musikcraft

Comment

Warmoth strat necks don't include the skunk strip, right?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      Warmoth strat necks don't include the skunk strip, right?

[/ QUOTE ]
                      They do, but only on the "vintage" and "vintage modern" necks. With the "vintage" your stuck with the 7-1/4" radius. With the "vintage modern", you have more options including compound radius. The one thing different from the "Warmoth Pro" (non-skunk stripe) is that they don't list a Floyd prep as an option. You would have to check to see if they would do one. I've opted to go with Musikraft for all my Charvel style necks from now on. I have 3 on order and just received 2 in the last month. Although I do really like Warmoth necks for the purpose intended.
                      Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

I ordered a Charvel style neck from Musikraft and I cannot say enough good things about it. I got the skunk stripe and a rosewood board, 6100 frets and the thin profile. They really do fantastic work and are nice guys to boot.

Comment

Working...
                        X