No announcement yet.

Steve Vai's Charvel in Crossroads.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is that where it's bolted to a support to keep it floating in the case? Probably connected to a plexiglass support.

Edit - great pics, BTW!!!
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

That first pic looks like it should be in a window in Amsterdam.

Comment

That guitar is one of my holy grails. And I'm not even a big Vai fan. Thanks very much for sharing the pics.

+1 to the wing nut probably being related to a support for the plexi-case. Looks like it's screwed in place of one of the neck-mount bolts.

Also, looks like Steve did some heavy damage to the body when dropping it at the end of that movie scene. Looks nearly cracked in half, in two different places.

Comment

Holy ressurection batman...

I like EL34s.

Comment

yep yep, i live close to the hard rock in Biloxi, have drooled over the "crossroads" guitar many times

Comment

Thanks for postig those pics..I could cry looking at that crack on the front...that guitar is one of mu Holy Grails as well!!

Comment

that guitar is fookin awesome. too bad its not being played.

and for the record, I too, am not a vai fan.
                "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

who else signed it???
                  "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
                    Also, looks like Steve did some heavy damage
                    It wouldn't be the first time... He's almost as bad as Yngwie in that respect.

Comment

Originally posted by gmbob22 View Post
                      right next to the elevators that come down from the parking garage, and the huge "panty" blanket from a zappa tour
                      OH SHIT......i have seen and SMELLED that blanket before, about 10 years ago at the Hard Rock warehouse. i never thought they would ever display that piece.

it was housed in an ATA roadcase.

we were down there doing some guitar stuff, and the director of Hard Rock Memorabilia opened the case and said "check this out, but hold your nose"

that was the most unholy STANK i have ever personally experienced, even considering my 30 odd years of touring and being around musicians on tour....you know....drunk hungover guys in the van eating egg mcmuffins and farting in the van.

Comment

Steve Vai specifically states on his website that red Charvel from Crossroads became Green Meanie. Whatever that is in the HR Cafe and that War had was not the Crossroads Charvel.
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                          Steve Vai specifically states on his website that red Charvel from Crossroads became Green Meanie. Whatever that is in the HR Cafe and that War had was not the Crossroads Charvel.
                          That can't be right ..the meanie was originally a sunburst if memory serves..and it has always had a scratchplate.....and non pointy headstock......and it's not a Jackson..the two really couldn''t be much more different!

Comment

sure it does:think:
                            Charvel Custom Electric
                            “The Green Meanie”
                            No Serial Number

The "Green Meanie" is actually a Charvel Strat-style guitar loaned to Steve by Grover Jackson (of Jackson Guitars) when Steve joined Alcatrazz. Originally a sunburst finish, Steve stripped it and painted it day-glo green, and it has eventually become covered in various stickers, etc. This guitar was used on "Disturbing The Peace" and for virtually everything on "Eat 'Em & Smile". It has since been retired and is safely locked away.

Comment

Sorry, Newc. Totally wrong on that one. THIS was Green Meanie before being refinned...

v_p_10a.jpg

(Propos to Jemsite link.)

The crossroads guitar was a different one altogether.

Comment

I was just repeating what Vai posted on his own site. If it's incorrect, go see him about it
                                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                                X