• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SD1 has landed! Pix!

Very, very nice !

Comment

Try a Super 3 in the bridge and an Evolution in the neck. They sound great in the Koa body!! (I'm a Duncan guy, but was blown away when I heard this combo in the SD Koa body).

Comment

John did any of the SD Reissue versions have pau ferro boards, tell me I've not gone completely insane. I was almost positive one of them did (I'm thinking SD IV?).

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          man, all these Charvel SD's are making me really want one!

that, and good old JG making me want to go to the dark side of Ibanez!

[/ QUOTE ]

That SD1 plays, sounds and looks great. It almost plays as good as one of my Ibanez Sabers. Well... almost. It couldn't even touch my RBM1. I wish all my guitars were Ibanez but I am forced to own mutts, Charvels, Washburns and Fenders too.
          If I could snap my fingers and turn all my guitars into Ibanez's I would.
          Why do you think so many virtuoso's play Ibanez guitars? It's not because of the endorsements. Its because they are a real players guitar. For metal, it all started with the RG550 (one of the first factory stock super strats that normal people could afford to buy) and it has been getting better every year.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            If I could snap my fingers and turn all my guitars into Ibanez's I would.
            Why do you think so many virtuoso's play Ibanez guitars? It's not because of the endorsements. Its because they are a real players guitar. For metal, it all started with the RG550 (one of the first factory stock super strats that normal people could afford to buy) and it has been getting better every year.

[/ QUOTE ]
            [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/fart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            Don't get me wrong, I like the japanese made Ibanez as much as alot of you, but this quote is hilarious [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I can't tell if you were joking or not, the comment about being forced to own mutts, Charvels, Washburns and Fenders makes me think you are [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              John did any of the SD Reissue versions have pau ferro boards, tell me I've not gone completely insane. I was almost positive one of them did (I'm thinking SD IV?).

[/ QUOTE ]......yes my San Dimas IV had pao ferro fretboards...if you would go to the factory to day and ask the guys tio build you a san dimas 4, Identical to the 95 series...I bet you would pay 3k for it now, with the koa body. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
              X