Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have a chance to buy San Dimas #1275 Star - Advice needed ASAP!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I have a chance to buy San Dimas #1275 Star - Advice needed ASAP!!

I agree with you 100% there Neddi

Comment

Everybody is dissin me?? [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] :
      I don't Play.. I have had many guitars all brands and kinds and I have many still and I will by others, I have also had 3 to 4 custom made for me my specs.
      If you drive a Shelby, Viper or etc you should be a professional or you should let someone else have it so it doesn't get wasted??
      As for buying and selling for a profit.. I have bought San Dimas guitars for example 1500 and sold it 8 months later for a profitable sum of $750?? I also had another I traded a ESP Custom Shop Firebird and a 85 San Dinas strat for a San Dimas Graphic guitar - I sold it for $750. I have also given many things away on this forum from DVD's to wireless recievers.
      I collect guitars because I love them and there history.. I have worked at the same job for almost 25 years and raisied an 18 and 20 year old son and been married for over 20 years. I would love to be able to play like many of you (but not like some [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] ). I take lessons weekly and I read music and know theroy behind the cords. I can do scales and 5th cords and added 7th cords, but I cannot Schread (yet) so should I have a hondo??? I think not.. I have worked my whole life and these guitars give me joy.. I also have a Performace Guitar and a J.Frog (currently one of my favorites) and many San Dimas guitars that have that special magic that only San Dimas guitars seem to have.
      My instructor has a field day at every lesson, as I have had many different guitars for lessons [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] so I do play them but not fast, just in tune and in tone. someday fast. Sorry for the RANT but I don't think I deserve it.

As for the guitar - Buy it if you want it or you might not get another chance. Life is to short not to enjoy every day (even if I can't play)

Comment

schread? I can read and I can shred but I can't schread yet Hoss is being too humble. He used to play horn in a jazz band and if he could cut that give him a couple of years and he will be schreading his ass off

Comment

neddi, seems like you've already convinced yourself to buy the guitar....that's a good thing...i think you'll be very happy with her (i prefer mine with the same mods)...play that guitar!!!!...as far as players vs. collectors i fall on the player side myself...traded a san dimas rhoads for a parts guitar (snakeskin) and i'm much happier having something i don't feel guilty about playing the living s@#t out of...hoss...sounds like you're playing to me...i don't think anybody was singling you out...it does suck that some people are "out of the loop" on the collecting but that's life...everybody has their own opinions on this subject...that being said i still think that a lot of the ontario jacksons play and sound wonderful...and yes s.d. charvels and jacksons may have a certain "mystique"...it all depends on what's important to you...somebody here once said and i quote loosely 'remember charve started out as a parts guitar' and i agree completely....there's hopefully enough modded ones for the players and stock ones for the collectors... [img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img] ...d.m.
          http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

hossman thats SWEET. hey at least U do play there are people collecting guitars who cant tune them. i own guitars that i dont play often & i dont think im a collector. i just love guitars made in USA 70's & 80's guitars. & honestly if i had the cash ide own alot more. a couple of my Richs i dont play all that much but hey there MINT there from over 20yrs ago, so hopefully in another 20yrs when my kid get them, they will still be mint.

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I like the modded ones also [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
              Thanks for the support Yoga you are too kind [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] :
              someday I will schread? I when I learn to spell I will be able to shred [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              jamie - I have two boys and they like ESP's?? Go Figure. I have had my share of BC Rich guitars. I appreaste all the USA 80's guitars myself [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
              Currently working on harmonics and tremolo bar work with a floyd [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

[ December 15, 2002, 03:22 PM: Message edited by: Hossman ]

Comment

Hoss you sound like a shredder to me! Harmonics and trem bar work?....sounds like you're gonna give Vai a run for his Ibanez contract!! [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

But seriously, you sound like you play fine. Don't feel like you can't play. You should record something one day.

Vic

[ December 15, 2002, 06:16 PM: Message edited by: Genebaby ]

Comment

No direction towards you Hoss, or anyone else here- This isn't the only board I visit but it is the ONLY one I thread on a regular basis- I don't point fingers as I like everyone on this board, even Viv, Box, and Word! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Like I said, people with 100+ guitars to me is a waste- MY OPINION- That's all it is, my opinion- It won't change- Neddi
                  www.facebook.com/neddistanz

Comment

Originally posted by Genebaby:
                    Hoss you sound like a shredder to me! Harmonics and trem bar work?...

Vic
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I said WORKING on Harmonics [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Not doing them [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] YET
                    Also that is a cool logo you got there [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Neddi - Sorry I took it - I just have been jumped a bit about what I have and have had over the years without playing - No issues here [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

DID YOU BUY THE GUITAR YET [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Nedster: BUY THAT GUITAR!!! And do JUST like you said... Replace with all black hardware and you have one heck of a looker! I'm EXTREMELY jealous that you can even afford it! hahahaha

Comment

Hoss, no worries, I think you can easily consider yourself a player. You don't need to be a shredder to be a player, you are a guitar collecting player. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

My logo is actually my Charvel tattoo. It was inspired by yours actually [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] That's my skin colour surrounding it, which I fixed up in Photoshop, heh, heh.

Comment

[img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] Cool Tat...
                          update: Neddi did you get it? If so Pictures are required [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] PLEASE [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Yea Neddi Buy it and the post some pictures

Comment

Hoss, he wasn't saying that if you collect guitars and can't shred, then you're wasting them. I don't think you're wasting them at all! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] You'll be shredding in no time.

COME ON NEDDI! BUY THE GUITAR!!!!!!!!

Comment

[img]graemlins/band.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] SO DID YOU BUY IT ! ALZ

Comment

Working...
                                X