• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: played a San Dimas yesterday

[ QUOTE ]
    Don't give all GC's a bad name because of a few bad ones

[/ QUOTE ]
    GC sucks because you work there, Gil! [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Hey Joe. Bite me.. :P

Comment

Zerberus If GC did as you say we do and list at higher than MAP we would lose every dealer we ever had and be suied for misrepresentation. It just doesnt happen. Although i do know of a few local dealers here in the area that sell at or above list to stay in business on the one sale they make a week. Which is highly unethical and just not right. I'm surprised they're still in business.
        BTW i didnt mean to impy you didnt know what MAP was i just spelling it out in case some else didnt. I also have bever paid MAP. okay maybe once before i knew any better.
        But just because we advertise at MAP doesnt mean we sell at MAP. MAP is just that an advertised price. Period.
        sorry for the lame attempt at rerailing this thread.
        BTW nice obzcure Zebra refferance. lol
        Gil Oh and JOE Still bite me.. :P

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          does anyone buy high-end guitars at guitar center? [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

No figgen way. I have heard manufacturers send their crap there - use left over parts etc...

And they ask for your phone number if you buy something. I hate that.
          PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

Yeah ok and you still believe in Santa Claus to dont ya?
            The rumours that people believe are just insane. GC gets the same stock as everybody else. The advantage some of the indipendant dealers have is once ina while picking out the one they want at the manufacturer. Why would any dealer send thier largest dealer crap if they want to saty in business? Think about it. Stop believing the lies. You buy something at Radio Shack they ask for your phone number too. Whats your point? It's part of customer service. How else is the person who sold the guitar supposed tofloow up with the customer if so needed. And I dont mean to sell him more stuff although that is part of it. What if the customer buys a florro model guitar and is in a hurry but still needs some added info how else is the customer supposed to be contacted? Carrier Pidgeon? Be realistic every body but the grocier and the gas station attendant and the waitress at the resturaunt (unless she thinks your hot) ask for the phone number. Its a way of tracking customer demographics and where a new location may be needed. Not like McDonlads or starbucks where they have one ever 15 feet but what other areas of a state or region that made need a store like GC.
            just stop the GC bashing guys some of it is realistic but i dont go around bashing yor guys job do I? BTW i know what im talking about at work just for the record and Im not one of the "20 year old kids that dont know anyting" so by making a generlization of such you also include those of us who are the real deal and the good guy always trying to help the customer and not screw them out of thier hard earned miney cus we konw what hard earned money is too.
            "Nuff Said"
            Gil

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              You buy something at Radio Shack they ask for your phone number too. Whats your point? It's part of customer service. How else is the person who sold the guitar supposed tofloow up with the customer if so needed. And I dont mean to sell him more stuff although that is part of it. What if the customer buys a florro model guitar and is in a hurry but still needs some added info how else is the customer supposed to be contacted? Carrier Pidgeon? Be realistic every body but the grocier and the gas station attendant and the waitress at the resturaunt (unless she thinks your hot) ask for the phone number. Its a way of tracking customer demographics and where a new location may be needed.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's NOT "customer service," it's company service, by imposing on and using the customer to benefit the company. The fact that Radio Shack does it is about the weakest justification I can think of. It's at least as offensive when they do it. You might as well say it's better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick. At least that's kinda funny.

The demographics part rings true, though they could get similar info in a less intrusive way with zip codes. The rest is BS. I've bought tons of gear over the years and NEVER been contacted by any company rep. It's not about doing anything for "the customer." It's 100% about doing something for the company. That's why customers resent it. If the customer wants information/assistance, s/he can call the store (or visit it).

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Zerberus If GC did as you say we do and list at higher than MAP we would lose every dealer we ever had and be suied for misrepresentation. It just doesnt happen. Although i do know of a few local dealers here in the area that sell at or above list to stay in business on the one sale they make a week. Which is highly unethical and just not right. I'm surprised they're still in business.

[/ QUOTE ]

great to know , now somebody just has to sue most of european dealers/ shops for doing this way [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I don't really like retailers asking for my number either, but it's really easy to say no. If I buy $3 worth of solder at Radio Shack & they ask, I say I'd rather not. Some places like Circuit City & some auto parts stores use the phone # to make it easier to return items or track warranties & pro-rated rebates. As for GC overall, I've had mostly very good experiences at the one here. I buy mostly small stuff like strings, cables, etc., but I have bought 1 new guitar there & they matched the best price I had found. Of the 6 or 7 gear stores nearby, I'd probably rank them about #3. Some of the kids are clueless, but there's always at least 1 or 2 guys who know their stuff. Yeah, they ask for my name at checkout & track my purchases , but they also send me a nice gift certificate based on what I spend each year.

Comment

In 20+ years of purchasing at Radio Shack, they have never called me. Like someone mentioned, they use this information to determine where they are doing the most business. Self serving? yes, but it also allows them to serve their customer base more effectively so it is a benefit to the customer as well.
                    It's a standard marketing practice and in no way will it affect anyones privacy. Many businesses are now asking for zip codes instead of phone #'s so as not to offend the uptight people who don't like to furnish their numbers...probably a better to go about it.

Comment

GC sucks anyway.

metal

Comment

Working...
                      X