Statements About Charvels and New EVH Guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Statements About Charvels and New EVH Guitar

This started off as a 'New EVH guitar' thread, but is this a valid statement made my this guy?

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/...9#post14200599

'Most guitarists wouldn't buy a Charvel'

-Mark

Re: Statements About Charvels and New EVH Guitar

Who knows?

If we're talking statistics, that may well be correct, because 'most' has to be over 50% and there's no way 50% of the world's guitar playing population have bought a Charvel......

If we're talking brand prejudice, then we're really not the right audience to be asking are we? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

That ad looked very fake. I don't know if we'll see anymore "signature" models from sir Edward, despite the rumors....

Comment

No locking nut. No way! Not on an EVH model. I would be shocked.
        "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
        I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

looks pretty damn fake to me as well. why would he do just a small run with charvel and then take off to fender. it's fake

Comment

that's just a very very sad atempt at a photoshop.

-Mike
            www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

There IS a Wolfgang model coming from FMIC. Whether this is it, who knows, but stay tuned, I would imagine.

Shawn
              Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

No locknut? Fake.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  that's just a very very sad atempt at a photoshop.

[/ QUOTE ]

+1

This doesn't necessarily disprove that some kind of EVH model is happening. But that "ad" is a sad fake.

And, actually, it might make real sense that he goes to Fender. Volume-wise, an EVH model might have the best chances/widest appeal there. That would allow for both budget-priced Mexi import and moderately-priced USA versions. And, over both, a high-priced Charvel EVH could be the "halo" model. Bring a new audience in with the Fender brandname, and then have them aspire to the high-priced Charvel version. It sure might be a great way to bring more attention/new customers to the Charvel brand.

But there's several different ways they could approach it. That's only one possibility.

Comment

So what does one of these EVH Charvels go for ?

Comment

And the speculation begins... gotta love NAMM time! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                      Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

My guess is that the EVH Charvels didnt sell like they thought they should, so they are moving him over to Fender.
                        I guess that that if they didnt sell well, it says that "Most guitarists wouldn't buy a Charvel" [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Really, I was under the impression that the EVH Charvels sold pretty well. I think a big problem is the lack of Charvel dealers, because they are great guitars but most people dont have a chance to try one.

Comment

so wait, are you guys saying there was a bogus post on harmony central? i find that hard to believe.

eddie's long association with fender guitars makes a fender signature strat a complete no-brainer. i think i even saw him near a fender guitar one time.
                            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              My guess is that the EVH Charvels didnt sell like they thought they should, so they are moving him over to Fender.
                              I guess that that if they didnt sell well, it says that "Most guitarists wouldn't buy a Charvel" [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree w/ the quote, especially on THIS board. BUT if EVH's going over to Fender, great. EVERYONE here recognizes the EVH/Charvel legacy, and the Art Series is a testament to that. Whether Ed goes w/ a fender logo/Strathead or not is not worth speculating until we've had a chance to play one. And I'll be surprised if it comes close to an EBMM, Wolfgang or the Art Series. [img]/images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X