Real or fake S-head? PICS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real or fake S-head? PICS

Owner says it's from 1981. I say fake...

Re: Real or fake S-head? PICS

Neckplate? Body contours? Tuner screws? Markings on neck heel and body neck pocket?
    Without those basic peices of information, I wouldn't even look twice.

Comment

<font color="orange"> Yup,gots to do the homework,need pics,pics &amp; then....some pics....neck looks mighty clean,tuners,modern Floyd &amp; hum too!! </font>

Comment

gonna go with fake...neck is too clean, tuners are odd and the floyd looks to be a fender licensed version as used on the MIM deluxe series (i think i see text below the fine tuners like the fender versions have) along ith the small size black posts that those licensed fender floyds use. but it could just be the bad small pics. got any bigger ones?

-Mike
        www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

Even if all the hardware has been swapped for gold at some point (which would explain the tuners and Schaller bridge), that neck is new.

Whatever...if the seller is trying to sell it as the real deal with just these pics, run, don't walk, away.

Comment

The first thing I did was request more pics - still waiting.
            I picked up on the things you all mentioned, and that the neck heel isn't squared off (that is incorrect, is it not?).
            If/when I get more pics I'll post them.

Comment

logo looks a little large to be an 81 to me...d.m.
              http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

The bottom of the fret board being not squared off and the "whiteness" of the maple indicates to me the neck is aftermarket.
                Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

it's a 21 fret neck, not a 22 so the rounded fretboard end is normal. however it is too clean unless it just sat for years or the guy played with gloves on lol.

-Mike
                  www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

By the way I found this baby and turned it over to the CHarvel police for further inspection. I was going to take a risk and buy it but its all up for grabs in the community now.

Comment

Logo's too big and out of position.
                      Neck looks brand new or it was a complete refinish.
                      The Floyd and tuners are definately not original.
                      The body looks like an Aria strat copy. Based on the reflection, the contour on the face of the body is too shallow.
                      As stated before... more pics would be needed to verify.
                      I say it's a fake, but it does look purdy.
                      -Rick

Comment

It's a fake.
                        Ad even says it has a Texas Body. I guess that means a body with Texas plate which is from model series Charvel such as Model 2 with added pickguard.

Comment

That is an aftermarket neck, I'd venture to wager my next paycheck on it.

Comment

Maple tends to get darker as it ages, this maple looks to be very new. I suppose if it was refinished that natural aging of the wood can be reversed (I don't know?) but that too me is the biggest tip off that this is fake. Chuck is right though, need more pics to varify conclusively.

Comment

I say fake or some weird newer one of from the CS before the takeover. Eitherway, no way that is an '81.
                              "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Working...
                              X