Custom order Charvel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom order Charvel

Has anyone here placed a custom order for a Charvel recently? The Charvel website isn't that helpful. I can't find a model in the current range that I like. The nearest two are the EVH Art Series (I'm not keen on having a signature guitar, especially one with that big a signature!), and the 25th anniversary strat. The EVH I don't want because of all the stripes, though the configuration is almost perfect, and the other doesn't have a Floyd. Will Charvel build to order, if so, how long does it take until it's delivered?
    Cheers
    Sean.

Re: Custom order Charvel

Sean,

Charvel will build to order, your best bet is to call Matt at Matt's Music (see the above banner) and talk to him about pricing, wait time, and options. You can basically build anything you want thru the custom shop!

Comment

yes they build to order ..you'll need to download the PDF file to get a grip on whats available it isn't like the Jackson site..

Build times are 9-15 month depending on how complex the guitar is .. strats start @ $2499 on the build sheet .. Stratheads are still not available as custom orders yet ..
      That help?
      Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Thanks to you both! I hadn't realised that strat heads aren't an option...I need a strat head!! I may consider buying an EVH Art Series and getting it refinished.
        Cheers
        Sean.

Comment

Sean,

Go to www.charvelguitars.com and click on "pricelist" on the front page. This will open the pricelist with all the options for Custom Shop Charvels. You will have a much better idea of cost (keep in mind the prices shown are retail, Matt will be able to give you a better price when your ready) and options!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Thanks to you both! I hadn't realised that strat heads aren't an option...I need a strat head!! I may consider buying an EVH Art Series and getting it refinished.
            Cheers
            Sean.

[/ QUOTE ]

Refin a new EVH???? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Play one before u buy one. Take away the cool paint and you end up with a very fat (baseball bat profile) neck and medium frets.
            "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Here in Britain you have to order (and therefore buy) a Charvel in order to try them out. Every guitar shop I've phoned so far who say they keep them in stock, don't in fact keep them in stock. Refinishing an EVH is the easier and less drastic option than fitting a floyd to the other stratheads available.

Comment

Rather than refin an EVH, you could do a parts mutt that equals its quality for a fraction of the price and build it exactly how you want it. There are many sources for quality Charvel knockoff bodies such as:

http://www.southeastguitars.com/

I've never done business with this guy but I have spoken to him and he will do almost anything you would want.

Comment

...yeah, but he wants a charvel.
                  Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                  Sully Guitars on Facebook
                  Sully Guitars on Google+
                  Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Modding a charvel? Who's ever heard of such savagery?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      Modding a charvel? Who's ever heard of such savagery?

[/ QUOTE ]

That is kind of ironic, considering that Charvel made a name for themselves by modding other companies guitars and "hot rodding" them out [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img]

Comment

Pretty sure the irony was intentional. With the eBay prices of the 25ths dropping so much lately, grabbing one of those & floyding it is not a bad way to go at all, imo.

Comment

With that said,Charvel has produced far more EVH stratheads. Will the price of these see the same drop? Stay tuned.

Comment

My ears were ringing, did someone mention EVH's? I have a few EVH's here if anyone is interested... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                            Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

does anyone know that if charvel still does that classic script logo? the one that looks like the jackson logo?

Comment

Working...
                              X