EVH Art Series - MY SECOND REVIEW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EVH Art Series - MY SECOND REVIEW

Let's see...I ordered my first EVH AS Charvel in July, only to order ANOTHER 2 weeks later. FUCK! [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Am I THAT impulsive? Has the JCF membership and their overt support of this axe been THAT influential? Surely it's NOT ALL THAT! Well...after playing this EVH Art Series exclusively for the last 5 weeks, yeah.....it IS!

The addition of a pickguard to the basswood body seems to add a tad more emphasis on the low mids (acoustically speaking). To my ear, very similar to the effect of swapping a maple neck for RW (but much less pronounced). Very subtle, but like offering a more "rounded" low mid. Perhaps it's the additional overtone I'm hearing as a result of the p/g. Anyway, more to come....but in the meantime.....the obligatory pix! (And MAJOR Domo Arigatos to Brian Meader at Washington Music Center!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img])

[img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Re: EVH Art Series - MY SECOND REVIEW

Cool! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Is a red one in your future? [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Cool! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Is a red one in your future? [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

not like THIS matters [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img], but as long as the woman's OK [img]/images/graemlins/nono.gif[/img] - it's a done deal! [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
      I'm "racing" Shawn to see who can amass the most Charvels this year!! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] .....right. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Nice!!If I ever do get one it'll be the B&W!!Congrats!!

Comment

Did I mention that I have 6 EVH's here right now???

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
          Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

U need th red one now.

Comment

Congrats Ed!! I,m waiting for my red one (hopefully this Monday) to come in.

P.S. dont post this at the Links........ [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
              "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an ally with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"............ Dirty Harry

Comment

I played a few now. I think they play indredibly well as usualy for Charvel in general. I was only disappointed witht he nut width. I know they are built to Ed's specs. But the neck just doesn't have the Charvel feel that I was anticipating. Kind of bummed. Cause I'd love to have one in my collection. But it swould have to be a custom shop order for me. Chaaaaaaaa Ching...

GrEAT GUITARS REGARDLESS OF MY PETTY WHINE OVER NUTWIDTH.
                Sound like a chick don't I?

Mike
                Custom Guitars, Refinish and restorations.
                http://www.learnguitars.com

Comment

Dang Mike, that is sweet!!
                  You need to get the RWB now for sure, it just wouldn't be a complete happy family without one.
                  How did you overcome the drastic change in nack width? From the BE to the EVH there is a 1/8" difference.

Congrats dude, let us know when the third member joins the herd.
                  Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Mikey , Congrats man! They are great guitars, really resonant. I like the pup, but I may change out one of them, just to avoid being repetitive.

I guess its because I am not a long time player, but I just dont notice any big deal with the neck width. I switch between this and a whole mess of different necks, nut widths, etc, and I just dont think its a big deal. But then again, neither is my playing.
                    Enjoy dude, and I'll race you to the RWB!

Shawn
                    Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      Did I mention that I have 6 EVH's here right now???
                      [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hola, sir.....don't tell me you've got a R/W/B in stock...... [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img]
                      it's been too long! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        Congrats Ed!! I,m waiting for my red one (hopefully this Monday) to come in.

P.S. dont post this at the Links........ [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

sheeeeet, bob, don't say anything on the VHLinks! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Mikey , Congrats man! They are great guitars, really resonant. I like the pup, but I may change out one of them, just to avoid being repetitive.

I guess its because I am not a long time player, but I just dont notice any big deal with the neck width. I switch between this and a whole mess of different necks, nut widths, etc, and I just dont think its a big deal. But then again, neither is my playing.
                          Enjoy dude, and I'll race you to the RWB!

Shawn

[/ QUOTE ]

dude, I'm already running! Seriously, there is NO WAY I'll ever be able to catch up to you! I am getting the "permission" to acquire "just one more" EVH this year..... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                          hopefully I survive!
                          mike.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            Dang Mike, that is sweet!!
                            You need to get the RWB now for sure, it just wouldn't be a complete happy family without one.
                            How did you overcome the drastic change in nack width? From the BE to the EVH there is a 1/8" difference.

Congrats dude, let us know when the third member joins the herd.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jose, I really dig the 15/8" nut. Really. While swapping from the Bullseye to the Art Series doesn't result in any "adjustments", the 1.65" nut width just feels more comfortable. I don't know, maybe my "small paws" just conform to a narrower nut width, but whatever it is, the EVH Art Series WORKS! Now if I could just get a neck p/up, these axes would be BEYOND perfect!!! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                            mike.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              I played a few now. I think they play indredibly well as usualy for Charvel in general. I was only disappointed witht he nut width. I know they are built to Ed's specs. But the neck just doesn't have the Charvel feel that I was anticipating. Kind of bummed. Cause I'd love to have one in my collection. But it swould have to be a custom shop order for me. Chaaaaaaaa Ching...

GrEAT GUITARS REGARDLESS OF MY PETTY WHINE OVER NUTWIDTH.
                              Sound like a chick don't I?

Mike

[/ QUOTE ]

Mike, if you were a "chick', you'd be telling us to, " hurry up and let's go!" or "you already have one of those striped guitars, why do you need another one?! Besides we need to get new furniture" (WTF?) [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/sleep.gif[/img] Nah, dude, nut width is a matter of taste and feel....trust me, I've been a 1 11/16" guy for life. The 1.65" nut width is definitely NOT an adjustment. And she plays like BUTTA! [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
                              mike.

Comment

Working...
                              X