EVH/ Floyd alighnment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EVH/ Floyd alighnment

Hi All, I just recieved my new EVH B/Y and I believe the floyd is misalighned. There is clearly more space between the high E and the fretboard edge then the low E and the edge of the fretboard. Is this normal? The space is about double in size. There also appears to be some bubbles in the finish on the back of the guitar. It really sucks! This #2 that has to go back the first one was sold as new but when I recieved it the fingerboard had already been soiled.

Re: EVH/ Floyd alighnment

Have you taken it back to the dealer? Not to be a jerk, but they are your first stop when it comes to problems with products.
    Occupy JCF

Comment

It's kind of hard to to take it to a dealer in New York when you live in Ca!

Comment

The neck alignemt is a simple fix, common on bolt-ons.
        The "bubbles" in the paint, less so.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          It's kind of hard to to take it to a dealer in New York when you live in Ca!

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, my crystal ball didn't give me that information.

Regardless, you should talk to that dealer.
          Occupy JCF

Comment

I will send an E-mail today. They are very good about these kind of things and I am sure they will take care of it. Unfortunatly they do not have any more of the EVH B/Y so I will have to get somethig else.

Comment

who did you buy it from? One big dealer there is Guitar Asylum. Rob there is a great guy, if you bought it from him, I would be very surprised if he didnt make things right. Thats why we use certain peeps. They make the transaction better...
              Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

what chuck said. it sounds like a "loosen the neck screws, push the neck up or down (as you hold it in playing position) until the strings are spaced evenly on each side, then tighten the screws." issue to me.

can't help ya on the clear bubbles, though. sorry.
                Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                Sully Guitars on Facebook
                Sully Guitars on Google+
                Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Floyd Rose unalignment is a myth

Fender is great and they're the only ones to show us how to make guitars [img]/images/graemlins/baby.gif[/img]

Comment

Predator,

Sounds like your guitar got bumped around in transit to you and the neck shifted. Easy fix, as stated above.

I'd need to see the "bubbles" you are referring to before commenting on those.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      Floyd Rose unalignment is a myth

Fender is great and they're the only ones to show us how to make guitars [img]/images/graemlins/baby.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                      Your being here is a joke. Why bother with this crap again? [img]/images/graemlins/baby.gif[/img]
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        who did you buy it from? One big dealer there is Guitar Asylum. Rob there is a great guy, if you bought it from him, I would be very surprised if he didnt make things right. Thats why we use certain peeps. They make the transaction better...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, where did you get it? Been dealing with Rob for years, he rocks!!! also sounds like shipment got banged around for the Floyd issue.

Comment

Working...
                        X