X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two of a Kind

Pics first, as always...

[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Just got the Bullseye Retro in. (...Thanks, again, to Spaceace for a great guitar. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] ) Initial impressions of it:

- I love the neck profile. It's wider, flatter, and thinner than the EVH. Not dramatically different, but noticable enough. I love the EVH, too. However, I definitely have a preference for thinner neck profiles.

- Can't say that I think the 1-3/4" nut width is "all that", though. I have no problem moving between this and the EVH's 1-5/8". So it's not a negative. But in order of personal preference: 11/16ths, 1-5/8ths, 1-3/4".

- The Seymour Duncan EVH pickup just flat out rocks. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] Wow, I am impressed by this thing. It nails the early EVH tone. Sounds like lots of mids to my ear, which I prefer. Cleans up well, too.

Compared to the Fender custom PU in the EVH, it's somewhat like early VH vs. recent VH tone. Both are great, but distinctly different. There's a fatter bottom end to the Fender PU.

- The vintage trem is not my bag at all. Tone-ally, it's cool. But - IMHO - I think most of that is heard when playing acoustically. When plugged in, the difference between the brass VT and a Floyd is marginal. ...Again, just MHO. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

And this thing - especially the two strings covered by the tree - has flat-out horrid tuning stability. Even without using the trem, I mean. (I was treating it like a hardtail.) ...Yeah, yeah. I know of the old "voodoo" tuning tricks. No thank you, anyway. I'll take a Floyd, please. [img]/images/graemlins/refuse.gif[/img]

- The fretwork is amazing. Both of these stratheads have absolutely killer fretwork. Great attention to detail. But the Bullseye gets the preference nod for having true jumbos.

Overall, the Bulleye Retro is a killer guitar. Highly recommended. And if you're into the single hum vintage trem thing, even more so. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Re: Two of a Kind

Congrats Pat, Good choice...

Shawn
    Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

Congrats Pat!! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]!!

Comment

Nice score Pat, now be a pioneer and put a floyd on it. Be the first to do what a lot of us want to do with these bullseyes! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]
        If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

I hate you! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

You're killing me. I want at least one bad. Have fun!
            Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Way to go, Pat! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Thanks for the review. And I agree with Nick - if only it had a floyd.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Nice score Pat, now be a pioneer and put a floyd on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
                And I agree with Nick - if only it had a floyd.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm. Now where'd I put that parts box, again? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Nice pair Pat.
                  I have the BE and just love it. The 1 3/4" is soo right for my hand.
                  I would like to try the 1 5/8" though.
                  Both are stunning axes.
                  Congratulations and enjoy.
                  Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Pat very cool & very nice!!!!!!!!!!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Cool! I would take a pair like that anyday! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                      Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

Great guitars!!!! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Lucky! they must be some real players.

Comment

Don't let eddie get his hands on one he'll srcatch it for sure!!

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] Very, very nice guitars, Pat. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

I wish they made a limited edition Charvel w/ 1 5/8" neck, vintage trem and a Strathead. Oops, sorry, I meant "Licensed Fender Headstock".

Maybe, if we get the proper terminology down, they will offer it as a Custom Shop option. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X