Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My fave EVH with a Charvel guitar pic...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My fave EVH with a Charvel guitar pic...

Yeah, I heard the rumor that it was pre-planned, too. The last show of the tour (or one of the last), and EVH wanted to go out with a bang.

I believe he also trashed a green Wolfgang that night.

Comment

The red guitar above was not from the last show. He smashed his green Peavey at the last show. During the party at the 5star pass before the show, one of the hostesses(Hilary) said expect something "big" from Ed tonight. I was front row center at that show, and he was pointing at his son when he was saying there is the future. Alot of people on the VHLinks Forum took that stuff way out of context. If you had seen more than one show you would have known that everytime Wolfgang went out, Ed would then start saying how he was the future of rock and the next generation etc. etc.. As for the red guitar it's from like a Minnesota show or something, it was giving him problems so he just unhooked it and tossed it offstage, neck snapped, that was it. Now on the other hand was Ed drunk, I would say it is safe to say yes.
      Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

I'm not all that impressed with the EVH charvel series and the last cd best of both worlds sucked big time as well.
        I found the price on the charvel line to be way too costly.
        He's a great player truly a master, but too many incidents with lead singers (proven not to be the singers fault in most cases for leaving) and mostly his drinking. Its all played a role of getting tired, bored, and annoyed with him.
        I could care less of Wolfie ever done anything musically.
        Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

i played the EVH series at NAMM '05 and they sounded and played great (used the Fender Metal Head stack that was next to the EVH guitar wall). it sounded really meaty and thick. overall, bang for the buck, it just didn't seem to be there though. the guitar was very light and the paint job was very lame, low quality - not what i expected from a $2300 guitar. i could build the same guitar for around $700 and end up with a better quality guitar. the "collectability" and "EVH factor" must be the reason for the price 'cause it sure isn't the actual product quality.
          cool pic. best pic of Ed i've seen in recent times. he looks pretty scary with his hair pulled back and the sides shaved. this is more like the Ed i grew up worshipping.

Comment

Working...
          X