No announcement yet.

Might Mite - Charvels Pre-Productions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Might Mite - Charvels Pre-Productions?

Hopefully this is in the correct category seeing its supposidly a USA Charvel (Might Mite)..Is this for real? Anyone have any history or information?

Mighty Mite....

Re: Might Mite - Charvels Pre-Productions?

That set was discussed here a while ago...I believe eFraid section. Avoid the seller. Banned member. He first tried to represent it as a Charvel until he got busted. That Charvel waterslide is fake. I forgot what he paid for it but not anywhere near what he's selling for it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

Thanks George,
      I figured as much. Seemed too good to be true and almost ridiculous the way it is shrink wrapped and all. It kinda reminds me of this cheap strat kit you could get at a local music store about 20 years ago for $100 or so..The neck and the body were both hanging on hooks and the shrink wrapped parts were hanging in the middle. Funny thing is that is probably exactly what its worth!

Comment

I think he paid around $400 for it. We had a link to it's original auction where he won it. In the original auction it did have either Mighty Mite or Boogie decal but I can't remember which one.

Comment

The seller won it on Ebay for dirt and them tried to sell it for about $2000.
          He has a web site but I cannot remember it.

Monte

Comment

this is something i used to dive in head first for, no questions asked, just ship the fukker fed ex p1 overnight. now!!!! it's a kindas dangerous way to collect guitars-lol
            Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

I think a junior member posted links to both the auction where he won the kit AND the auction where he won the Charvel waterslide. It was all in his eBay history! foxyguitars wasn't smart enough to wait long enough for those auction links to disappear from his history. Obviously, not the sharpest tool in the shed.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

I remember exactly what he paid, it was $225. It wasn't complete though, the bridge and ferrules in that set came from me. He probably had close to $400 in it. That's about what it's worth. I remeber the story in his auction stating he bought it from a mom and pop store when the auction was right there in his history. [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

-Jason

Comment

I remember that guy. What an asshole. Glad he's gone.
                  Scott
                  Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Don't forget about the Holdsworth strathead that he tried to flip here on the board just a couple of days after he bought it on ebay also.
                    Some peoples kids.

Comment

Working...
                    X