Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bought a new Charvel pointy today

That is very sharp. Thanks for sharing!

And yeah .... how much (ball park) out the door?
    "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Sweet! That's just like mine! Mine was born on the same day as well... 1/25/05. They are great guitars, enjoy it! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Beautiful Charvie Brian,congrats,cool score!!How do you like the neck profile??The pointy shape is exact to the originals imo!!

Comment

Very nice brian!! What store did you buy that at? I live in Pittsburgh and would like to go to the store [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Thanks-Jack.

Comment

Thanks guys.

This is my first pointy head Charvel. The neck profile is very different from most of my stratheads (of course they all vary) but I'm really liking it.

I never gig with my Charvels, because stuff tends to get broken at our shows....& my live guitars usually end up taking a beating.
            This one will be a player though for sure.....I played it for the whole night last night with my Engl Powerball & I couldn't have been happier. That Duncan Custom 5 sounds great.....really like a combo of the best of my favorite Duncans (the Custom & the EVH).

I bought the guitar at New York Music in Boardman Ohio. NY is in the middle of an inventory clearance due to the store changing ownership......they're selling off a lot of inventory & I don't think any more Charvels are coming for a while.

I know I could have gotten a better price on this guitar elsewhere (Matt's for instance)....but the instant gratification of taking it home right then & playing a show with it is what sold me.....not to mention getting to play the guitar & knowing how well it played.

I paid $1259 + tax. I found out that day that the friend who I usually dealt with at the store no longer worked there.....so I had no "in" anymore to get a better price.

With the big inventory reduction sale going on (really it was just a lot of hype to get mass amounts of people in the store)....I expected a better price. They were firm at $1259 but said they would come down from that in a week or so if the guitar was still there. I guess I couldn't wait.

In the process of buying this guitar, I did get to meet another JCF member..... stratheadcharvel
            I'm looking all over the store (its really crowded) for this black pointy because I know its supposed to have come in. Finally I see this guy with it in his hand. We start talking and realize that we know each others guitars from seeing each others pics posted here.......but didn't know that we lived in the same area.

A very cool experience.......we will have to plan a local Charvel fest. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I am in for a local Charvel fest if you include Jacksons? Jack.

Comment

Looks really nice. Not a bad price either, right? I thought these were a little more. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                Scott
                Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Cool axe!! Congrats.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

I know I could have gotten a better price on this guitar elsewhere (Matt's for instance)....but the instant gratification of taking it home right then & playing a show with it is what sold me.....not to mention getting to play the guitar & knowing how well it played.

I paid $1259 + tax. I found out that day that the friend who I usually dealt with at the store no longer worked there.....so I had no "in" anymore to get a better price.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that a bad price for this guitar? How much are these thing normally going for? Seems reasonable to me, pricewise.

Nice guitar. Very nice.

-Mark

Comment

Very cool! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                      Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

That is a nice pointy.
                        Simple yet sexy.
                        Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Working...
                        X