Potential Charvel Fest!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potential Charvel Fest!!

Okay I was thinking about this and would like to get input on making a Charvel Gathering a possibility.

Give me some feedback to the following:
    Q1. How many are interested, would come (travel to an event), that is spend money on travel and hotel
    Q2. Would people feel comfortable having their guitars on display? Would people be willing to bring their Charvel(s)for others to view?
    Q3. Fee, if we rent a ballroom at a Hotel for example would people be willing to throw in some money to help cover the expense? Maybe a registration fee would work?
    Q4. How far in advance would something needed to be planned to give people enough time to make it?

Okay lets start with that and gauge the response..just trying to see if
    1. there is enough INTEREST,
    2. if people would be willing to travel for such an event and help with the cost of getting a ballroom or appropriate space.

Probably be easiest to do the first one on East Coast as a lot of us are here and are within driving distance to each otehr. That is load up their cars with some cool Charvels to bring along.
    3. if it is appealing to people even if there is no cleeb angle..maybe we can get Tommy JCF "Badmin" to do a guitar clinic...lol.

Anyway let me know what you guys think...

Cheers
    www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
    My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Re: Potential Charvel Fest!!

I like that idea and would be all for it (my schedule permitting).

I have been speaking with Chuck and Kevin about getting together this summer.

It would be great to expand the gathering to include all those that want to meet.

Monte

Comment

<font color="yellow">We're supposed to hook up with the Splatters this summer for a few days.

Sounds like a cool idea Trace....and there are a surprisingly great number of people from the Northeast into Charvels and Jacksons.

I don't know if we'd be able to attend the gala event or not, depending on when, schedules, etc. and I have no Charvel's really to display, I'd be a Charvel Voyeur [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] </font>

Comment

I like that idea, always interesting to put the faces with the names [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
        If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

you know.....speaking of putting faces to the name....we should start a gallery of member photos. Recent photos...nothing crazy....just to let us see who we are.

Just a thought
          Monte

Comment

i could start walking right away and get probably make it there on time. i'd love to meet everybody.
            Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              <font color="yellow"> I'd be a Charvel Voyeur [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua">Ditto! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] unless of course you let a guy with a (dare I say) Jackson in? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] </font>
              Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Yeah, Trace, maybe it should be a Charvel/Jackson fest. Some of us would like to participate that do not own labeled "Charvel" guitars.

Comment

lol..of course Jacksons are more than welcome...more the merry
                  www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
                  My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

You can count on me and my guitars being there. I will help out any way I can to set it up too.

Comment

I'd be interested. Can't PROMISE I could make it, would depend a lot on when.

Comment

can people with no guitars show up?-lol
                        Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Interesting idea and depending on when and where.
                          "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

I'm in. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

I'd be in for sure. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                              "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Working...
                              X